|“||Adds a powerful cannon that shoots out powerful bombs.||”|
|~ BTD6 descripton|
Cannon Ship is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. It is a returning upgrade from BTD5. Alongside burning grapes (from the Hot Shot upgrade), it adds a powerful independent cannonball attack that shoots exploding frag bombs, producing 8 frags per explosion once detonated. Explosions deal one damage and pop up to 28 bloons per shot. Fragments deal 1 damage each, and they pop up to 1 bloon each. Unlike BTD5, the Cannon Ship does not have automatic camo detection because Crow's Nest is now a Path 3 upgrade.
Cannon Ship upgrades the ship by adding a mast and sail, modifying its bow into a pointy bow, and adding a raised quarter deck. The monkey now gains an eyepatch on its right eye and a pirate hook on its right hand, in addition to having a pirate hat like the Buccaneer's earlier upgrades. Inside the ship's deck is a load of cannonballs.
The artwork is slightly erroneous. The Buccaneer in the artwork has its hook on its left arm instead of its right.
Cannon Ship is a low-price upgrade for the Monkey Buccaneer designed primarily for adding extra bloon popping power. It is normally bought as a stepping stone towards Monkey Pirates, but it has one specific niche in Race Events in the form of a 2-3-0 Cannon Ship as a source of extra popping power from a 0-1-0 Buccaneer.
- Unless there are Camo Bloons, use the 2-3-0 crosspath over the 0-3-2 upgrade for additional grapes and faster cannon attacks.
- Although Hot Shot already provides lead-popping power for the Buccaneer, the Cannon Ship upgrade can be used to provide extra popping power versus grouped bloons. Upgrade to Monkey Pirates for even more grouped popping power.
- For better performance, place the Cannon Ship such that it is able to shoot from both sides.
- One 0-3-0 Cannon Ship costs exactly the same amount as the equivalent non-crosspathed Cannon Ship in BTD5. This is because the Grape Shot upgrade costs $50 more in BTD6, the Hot Shot upgrade replacing the upgrade where Crow's Nest was costs $250 more, but the Cannon Ship upgrade itself costs $300 less than in BTD5.
- Cannon Ship is the only Path 2 Buccaneer upgrade where upgrading it along Path 1 also changes the color of the rims of its cannon barrels. This is likely an unintentional change, as the color of them are supposed to be for Long Range instead.