|“||Damaged Bloons are set ablaze momentarily with each hit.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Burny Stuff is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. All bloons damaged by the Mortar Monkey with Burny Stuff will be set on fire, dealing 1 damage every 1.5s for 3 seconds, for a total of 2 damage. Unlike BTD5, the Mortar Monkey cannot apply napalm to Black Bloons or Zebra Bloons unless the Mortar can damage them (e.g. upgrading to Heavy Shells, adding MIB, or having Striker Jones Level 5+).
Burny Stuff improves its napalm damage-over-time to 2 per 1.5s with Shell Shock (4 total damage), 3 per 1.5s with The Big One (6 total damage), and 25 per 1.5s with The Biggest One (50 total damage). Duration of the Burny Stuff's status effect and the rate of damage ticks both do not change with crosspathing.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Upgrading to Burny Stuff adds a fiery design to the barrel and to the Mortar Monkey's hat, which is now red.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Burny Stuff helps the Mortar Monkey deal additional early-game damage, similar to its role in earlier games. The damage-over-time effect is faster but lasts shorter and deals less overall damage, but it remains somewhat usable against early grouped bloons and early Lead Bloons. Often, it can be difficult to spread the Burny Stuff effect since the base Mortar has a low reload speed and small blast area.
Burny Stuff may face competition from other crosspaths, as its damage over time cannot be stacked while upgrades like Bloon Buster increase damage at a significant amount while Faster Reload and Rapid Reload provide attack speed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Adding Burny Stuff to Shell Shock can both stun and deal high damage, although with less effective stun potential compared to getting Rapid Reload. Combining one 3-0-2 Shell Shock with many 3-2-0 Shell Shock may help apply both stuns and extra popping power.
- Starting at The Big One, the Mortar Monkey can now hit bloons more reliably due to its large explosion radius, and thus this crosspath can be considered. However, the Faster Reload crosspath is generally better as the consistency of The Big One, along with its popping and stunning power is improved. The Burny Stuff crosspath performs better against higher tier bloons such as MOABs, but generally it is better to relegate MOAB popping to another tower and allow The Big One to focus on bloons.
- Crosspathing Burny Stuff to Heavy Shells, Artillery Battery or Pop and Awe is not very useful, because it competes with Bigger Blast and Bloon Buster and due to the small amount of extra damage it does compared to if crosspathed with the other path.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Description changes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Upgrading the Mortar Monkey to 0-1-2 will produce the Bigger Blasts Burny Stuff explosion sprite instead of the normal Burny Stuff explosion sprite. 0-2-2 fixes this visual issue.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upgrading to this upgrade turns the mortar shells orange-red, and explosions turn orange-red too. In BTD5, adding Burny Stuff made the explosions very red.
- In BTD6, a Heavy Shells with Burny Stuff could not affect Black Bloons until Version 7.0, when it got fixed.
- In BTD6, the description for Burny Stuff was not completely accurate until Version 24.0. Although its old description claimed that bloons would be set on fire on "each hit", they only set on fire if bloons are damaged. So a Black Bloon can be "hit" by a Mortar Monkey, but it won't be affected by it. Version 24.0 makes the description factually correct again, albeit a bit more wordy.