|“||Shoots blasts of deadly buckshot instead of darts.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Buckshot is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Dartling Gunner in BTD6. Instead of darts, the Dartling Gunner now shoots a close spray of six buckshots with slight random deviation, similar to a Druid's thorns but with more projectiles and can push back non-MOAB-class bloons. Each buckshot pops up to 4 bloons per buckshot and deal 4 damage each. However, the Dartling Gunner attacks slower, from 0.2s to 1.8s (or 0.133s to 1.2s with 0-2-3), and the projectiles now disappear after reaching ~100 units from where they spawned from, thereby making it more of a limited range tower.
It costs $3,230 on Easy, $3,800 on Medium, $4,105 on Hard, and $4,560 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Unlike other Dartling Gunner options, Buckshot has a large spray of projectiles, much like slightly slower long-range Druid's Hard Thorns with custom aim, and extra damage and pierce, but without the frozen-popping. As such, a Buckshot benefits much more from Alchemist buffs compared to alternate Tier 3 Dartlings, especially when interacting with Stronger Stimulant and Acidic Mixture Dip. Because Buckshot's attacks are much slower and have a lower projectile lifespan, it benefits more as a custom-aimed short-range tower that slowly shoots powerful burst shots. Combining this with Buckshot's in-built knockback and it can be quite valuable in a defense.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Add Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant, as it grants much more damage and pierce overall.
- It is best crosspathed with Path 2 over Path 1. 0-2-3 Buckshot has more DPS and still lasts considerably long with Alchemist buffs, as it attacks a lot more slowly. Plus, 0-2-3 Buckshot comes with camo detection, but the opposite crosspath does not come with camo detection. 2-0-3 Buckshot is more accurate, and it comes with a shock damage-over-time, making it good at dealing more damage at a single spot, but the attack speed remains far superior.
- Because Buckshot has less overall range for its projectiles, Buckshot is more built as a short-range tower. As such, treat it as an ordinary limited range tower. It's very powerful within short-range though, so don't let the high price and slow attack speed put you off buying this upgrade.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Buckshot costs less ($4000 --> $3800)
- Buckshot projectiles now knock back non-MOAB-class bloons by a small amount on hit, similar to Super Monkey's Knockback but sends hit bloons ~33% backwards
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Buckshot is the second Tier 3 tower in BTD6 that decreases attack speed of the main attack, the other being Spike-O-Pult.