|“||Shots bounce to new targets up to 3 times.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Bouncing Bullet is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Sniper Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It allows bullets to bounce up to 3 times, hitting a total of 4 bloons per shot. Each bullet comes with the Shrapnel Shot attack, and every bloon damaged by the bullet will spawn a spray of 5 shrapnel pieces in a cone formation towards the direction of the bullet bounce prior to collision with a bloon. The bullet can bounce around the screen up to 55 units apart from each bloon.
It costs $2,720 on Easy, $3,200 on Medium, $3,455 on Hard, and $3,840 on Impoppable.
Bouncing Bullet is a rather situational upgrade, and it can easily be replaced by other more effective towers of similar price. It is still usable as bloon popping power, but a large amount of Bouncing Bullets is needed to clear a suitable amount of bloons. It tends to struggle in late-game due to the massively increased health of superceramics, unless the Ceramic Shock MK is active. Bouncing Bullet's main redeeming factor is Shrapnel Shot, the Bouncing Bullet's previous upgrade. It is stronger than Deadly Precision or Semi Automatic Rifle with Shrapnel Shot, and that is the main reason to utilise this upgrade. However, both of those upgrade paths function better with another crosspath than this tower, and the tower still remains very weak.
There are two redeeming factors of Bouncing Bullet that stand out from other options, however. One of these is that Bouncing Bullet is useful for long-ranged defense against bloons while still producing effective income via the leading Supply Drop upgrade. The second of these is that they are quite effective against long groups of Camo Bloons, as the bullets possess decent ricocheting accuracy and deal increased damage to Camo Bloons by default (due to Night Vision Goggles).
- Crosspath with the top path for increased bullet damage in order to make the most of its bouncing bullet power, which comes very useful earlier in the game. In addition, Large Calibre allows each shrapnel piece to do 2 damage instead of 1, which can become very effective against large clusters of bloons.
- Set the targeting of the Bouncing Bullet to First to allow the shrapnel direction to be against the bloons, thereby optimizing the pierce of each shrapnel piece.
- It is worth noting that Bouncing Bullet inherits the Night Vision Goggles property where its bullets deal +2 damage to all Camo Bloons. As a result, it becomes a useful option against mid-game Camo Bloons.
Cost of Bouncing Bullet decreased ($3500 --> $3200)
Projectile should no longer get stuck on track between jumps.
- Main bullets from the Bouncing Bullets now deal +2 damage to Camo Bloons.
Undocumented: Seeking projectiles appear to have been optimised, affecting the Bouncing Bullet. It is unknown how this has specifically affected the seeking of the Bouncing Bullet.
- Shrapnel Shot reworked to eject in a 45 degree arc instead of 360
- Shrapnel Shot now shoots 5 shrapnel pieces instead of 8.
- Shrapnel Shot now produces shrapnel once upon every attack instead of only when entire bloon is destroyed
- The Bouncing Bullet artwork has a similar pose to BTD5's Semi-Automatic Rifle, as well as both having the goggles from the Night Vision Goggles upgrade.
- However, in BTD6, the Semi-Automatic Rifle no longer is along the Night Vision Goggles path, so it has a different pose.
- Each bullet can hit up to 68 bloons if there is no spacing between the bloons.
- Bouncing Bullet originally costed as much as Semi-Automatic, until Version 7.0 when Bouncing Bullet received a price buff.