|“||Drops a line of bombs when crossing the Bloon track.||”|
|~ Description of the Bomber Ace in BTD6|
Bomber Ace is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Ace. It allows the Monkey Ace to drop an array of four powerful tightly-packed bombs if the Ace is near the track, while each bomb deals 3 damage on up to 20 bloons per bomb (32 with 0-3-1 or 0-3-2), and each bomb has an explosion radius of 35 (just over a 0-0-0 Dart Monkey's range).
It costs $765 on Easy, $900 on Medium, $970 on Hard and $1,080 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Bomber Ace is built as an upgrade for handling large groups of bloons within a tight region. When placed along a location where it can fly above a maximal amount of track, it becomes a good option for wiping out dense groups of regular bloons. It still requires support from other towers, as its bombs are still somewhat unreliable due to their random nature, but the increased deployment rate and explosion damage makes the Bomber Ace a far more reliable option compared to Exploding Pineapple.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Each bomb explodes immediately after the other, resulting in four quick explosions.
- Note that the bombs cannot pop Black Bloons or Zebra Bloons, so adding other towers to assist the popping of Black Bloons and Zebra Bloons will help make it easier for the Bomber Ace to finish off the other bloons.
- The Wingmonkey Monkey Knowledge makes the Bomber Ace much more effective, as it guarantees more hits on bloons.
- Do try to utilize the "Wingmonkey" flight path from the respective Monkey Knowledge Point of the same name. This will optimize its attacks by allowing them to follow the bloons.
- When it comes to crosspathing, 1-3-0 is more effective in most cases, as it deploys bombs at a faster rate, allowing for more opportunity to apply bombs as it crosses over paths. 0-3-1 is helpful, but Bomber Ace bomb arrays have good pierce anyway. Tier 2 crosspaths are not very effective except in special situations.
- Even after the Version 22.0 pierce nerf to the bombs, Bomber Ace is a very popular option in Race Events due to its high pierce versus cost ratio, even if it means the bombing timing can be slightly RNG.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Bomber Ace bombing run blast radius increased (25 -> 35)
Bomber Ace bombing run attack cooldown reduced (3s -> 1.5s)
Bomber Ace bombing run damage increased from (2 -> 4)
Bomber Ace costs more ($500 --> $900)
Bomber Ace bomb damage reduced (4 -> 3)
Bomber Ace bombing run attack cooldown increased (1.5s -> 1.7s)
Bomber Ace bombs will now benefit from the Rapid Fire crosspath.
- Base Bomber Ace bomb pierce decreased (40 --> 20)
- 0-3-1 Bomber Ace bomb pierce decreased (40 --> 32)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bomber Ace was one the few Tier 3 upgrades in BTD6 that was cheaper than the base tower. This was no longer the case after Bomber Ace received mechanics buffs followed by a price nerf both on the Version 7.0 update.
- In BTD6, Bomber Ace is the only Tier 3 Monkey Ace to lose its front propeller.