|“||Launches a bomb that explodes on impact. Can destroy many bloons at once.||”|
|~ BTD4 description|
|“||Launches a powerful bomb at the Bloons. Slow rate of fire but affects a radius around the explosion.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 6 description|
Bomb Shooter is a tower in the BTD series. It is called Cannon in BTD2 and BTD3, Bomb in Bloons Tower Defense 4 (iPhone/iPod Touch), Bomb Tower in BTD5, and Bomb Shooter in Bloons Monkey City and BTD6 . The Bomb Tower is a cannon that fires bombs at bloons to pop them. It can pop more than one at once if there enough gathered by the explosion point. An unupgraded Bomb Tower is completely ineffective against Black and Zebra bloons because of their immunity towards explosions.
At first, the Bomb Tower is weak, frequently missing in shots and causing small explosions. However, after it has been upgraded to Bigger Bombs, its shots deliver a big explosion and it rarely misses in shots.
In BTD5 and BTD Battles, the bomb tower is very useful because of its flexibility. Use Path 1 upgrades (Cluster Bombs/Bloon Impact) for popping standard bloons or Path 2 upgrades (M.O.A.B. Mauler/M.O.A.B. Assassin) for popping M.O.A.B. class bloons.
Using Frag Bombs makes this tower more powerful, and allows it to pop Black and Zebra Bloons. (Group attacks work best)
It's impossible to completely destroy a MOAB class bloon completely with an unupgraded bomb tower because of the Zebra Bloons and Black Bloons inside, unless you have Level 3 Bombing Range activated, or the tower upgraded to Bloon Impact, in BTD5, or Frag Bombs in BTD3, BTD4, and BTD5.
Bloons TD 1Edit
- Cost: $900
- Cost: $650
- Cost: $250
Bloons TD 2EditCost:
- $520 Easy
- $585 Medium
- $650 Hard
- $380 Easy
- $430 Medium
- $435 Hard
- $180 Easy
- $205 Medium
- $210 Hard
Bloons TD 3Edit
|Extra Range Bombs||$170||$205||$215|
Bloons TD 4Edit
|Bigger Bombs||$340||$400||$430||Big bombs affects a larger area.|
|Longer Range||$170||$200||$215||Can shoot bombs further than normal.|
|Missile Launcher||$180||$210||$225||Shoots fast missiles instead of bombs that go faster, further, and pop more.|
|MOAB Mauler||$765||$900||$970||Special missiles cause 10x damage to MOABs and BFBs.|
This upgrade can be obtained for free from the premium store ($0.99 on the Bloons Tower Defense 4 (Mobile)).
Bloons TD 5Edit
- $555 Easy
- $650 Medium
- $700 Hard
- $780 Impoppable
Path 1 UpgradesEdit
Gives tower longer attack range.
Each explosion throws out 8 sharp fragments that pop even more bloons.
|***If you get any more upgrades past this upgrade, you will be locked out of any further Path 2 upgrades.***|
Throws out secondary bombs instead of frags- causing widespread explosive poppage. The secondary bombs can no longer pop blacks or zebras.
Impacts from this tower become so violent, bloons become stunned for a short time when they are hit. All bombs from this tower can pop blacks and zebras.
|Total Sell Amount||$4,048||$4,759||$5,140||$5,950 ($6,480 with path 2 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$5,060||$5,950||$6,425||$7,130 ($8,100 with path 2 upgrades)|
Path 2 UpgradesEdit
Bombs hit a larger area. Popping Power 50.
Missiles fly faster and further, popping more bloons and have higher velocity. Popping Power 55, +20% faster shooting.
|***If you get any more upgrades past this upgrade, you will be locked out of any further Path 1 upgrades.***|
Special missiles do 10x the damage to MOAB class bloons. +10% faster shooting.
Special Ability: Super deadly missiles seek out and instantly destroys the nearest MOAB-Class Bloon. Does 1000 damage to ZOMGs instead of destroying them. (If there are no MOAB class bloons on screen it will destroy the strongest bloon on screen)
|Total Sell Amount||$3,776||$4,439||$4,788||$5,328 ($5,808 with path 1 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$4,720||$5,550||$5,985||$6,660 ($7,260 with path 1 upgrades)|
Bloons TD BattlesEdit
In Bloons TD Battles, is in the first tier of towers and is absolutely free but the four tier of upgrades costs 30. A bomb tower is very useful when leads have been unlocked but if you have the Monkey Buccaneer unlocked it might be just as good to use them. However, the Cannons have MOAB Maulers, so these might be good in late-rounds when MOABs start to appear. Be wary of Camo Bloons as Bomb Towers can't attack them (outside of the MOAB Assassin Ability).
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Explosions are generally nerfed in mobile, with Bomb Towers being no exception. However, Bloon Impact is drastically more effective due to the increased stun duration, and MOAB Assassin can benefit from the Monkey Fort glitch.
Bombs have a smaller blast radius.
Frag Bombs frags cannot hit the same bloons the bomb hits.
Bloon Impact has a much longer stun duration (0.5 → 2 seconds).
MOAB Mauler and MOAB Assassin no longer decrease the range of the tower.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Bomb Tower is a fairly popular tower due to its flexibility and overall usefulness, having the advantage of area damage (especially when upgraded to the Cluster Bomb and Bloon Impact upgrades) and specialized MOAB-popping power (path-2 upgrades MOAB Mauler and MOAB Assassin). However, like the Mortar pre 4.1 it's not as used compared to Flash due to the much smaller blast radius. It is often used when the other selected towers are weak against grouped bloons or MOAB Class Bloons. Popular loadouts include: Dart-Farm-Bomb, Heli-Farm-Bomb, and Bomb-Mortar-Chipper. Ninja-Farm-Bomb was formerly used often (especially when update 4.1 was first released), but became less popular after the Ninja got nerfed in future updates and players figuring out its weaknesses (camo bloons, especially Camo Leads).
Bomb-COBRA-Mortar has also seen some use, albeit not as much as the first 4 listed.
Overall, this tower has been buffed, but not significantly.
Bloon Impact price decreased ($4000 → $3600).
Cluster Bombs price decreased ($800 → $700).
M.O.A.B. Mauler fire rate increased by 20% (0.83 shots per second → 1).
M.O.A.B. Assassin deals more damage (700 → 1000).
Bloons Tower Defense 6Edit
The Bomb Tower makes a return as the Bomb Shooter. Just like in the preceding games, it shoots somewhat slowly, shooting one bomb at a time with a small explosion. It can be upgraded to shoot more powerful bombs, shoot faster, or shoot secondary explosion effects, determined by its three unique paths.
Compared to previous games, it now has considerably less popping power per explosion, though that pop limit change is less significant compared to other towers, such as that for the Ice Tower/Ice Monkey and Bloontonium Reactor, which previously had infinite freezing power in BTD5 and earlier versions.
However, some previously non-existent features in BTD5 are now new upgrades for the Bomb Shooter, such as the capability of dealing extra layers of damage to normal bloons, stunning MOAB-class bloons, or creating tertiary bombs. The extended options for the Bomb Shooter has made it more of a flexible choice against grouped bloons or higher-tier bloons.
Really Big Bombs
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $3,689
Tier 5: $36,414
Tier 4: $4,340
Tier 5: $42,750
Tier 4: $4,690
Tier 5: $46,270
Tier 4: $5,208
Tier 5: $51,408
Tier 4: $5,270
Tier 5: $52,020
Tier 4: $6,200
Tier 5: $61,200
Tier 4: $6,700
Tier 5: $66,100
Tier 4: $7,440
Tier 5: $73,440
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $3,182
Tier 5: $18,057
Tier 4: $3,745
Tier 5: $21,245
Tier 4: $4,043
Tier 5: $22,943
Tier 4: $4,494
Tier 5: $25,494
Tier 4: $4,545
Tier 5: $25,795
Tier 4: $5,350
Tier 5: $30,350
Tier 4: $5,775
Tier 5: $32,775
Tier 4: $6,420
Tier 5: $36,420
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $2,559
Tier 5: $23,384
Tier 4: $3,010
Tier 5: $27,510
Tier 4: $3,252
Tier 5: $29,712
Tier 4: $3,612
Tier 5: $33,012
Tier 4: $3,655
Tier 5: $33,405
Tier 4: $4,300
Tier 5: $39,300
Tier 4: $4,645
Tier 5: $42,445
Tier 4: $5,160
Tier 5: $47,160
Version History (BTD6)Edit
- Initial (compared to BTD5)
- Base tower bombs deal less pierce (40 --> 18)
- Bigger Bombs deals less pierce (50 --> 28)
- Bloon Impact deals less pierce (50 --> 48)
- Bloon Impact no longer has the Cluster Bombs attack
- Bloon Impact deals more damage (1 --> 2)
- Missile Launcher no longer grants extra pierce or extra attack speed, only extra projectile speed.
- Cluster Bombs secondary bomb explosions now have smaller blast radiuses
- Cluster Bombs secondary bomb explosions are now closer to the main bomb explosion
- MOAB Mauler no longer adds extra attack speed
- MOAB Assassin now has a short initial cooldown before initial usage.
- Some upgrades are now on different paths (e.g. Bigger Bombs no longer in same path as Missile Launcher, Cluster Bombs separate from Bloon Impact)
- MOAB Mauler deals more bonus damage to MOAB-class bloons (+10 --> +15)
- Recursive Cluster will trigger tertiary clusters every 2nd shot instead of every 3rd shot.
- Bomb Blitz will now trigger tertiary clusters every shot.
- 3/#/# Really Big Bombs price reduced from $1500 → $1200
- 4/#/# Bloon Impact damage increased from 2 → 3
- 5/#/# Bloon Crush damage increased from 6 → 12
- In BTD5, Frag Bombs and Cluster Bombs can pop 2 layers of bloon or more than 3 layers by direct hit. In the mobile versions however, this no longer the case with Frag Bombs.
- In BTD Battles, bomb tower shoots on open area.
- Frag Bombs can pop black and Zebra Bloons, but cluster bombs have more popping power and can explode over a wide radius
- In BTD4, sometimes when there is a massive amount of bloons that the Bomb Tower attacks, it will show just some parts of the explosion, only the frags from the Frag Bombs premium upgrade.
- If the bomb misses, it won't explode.
- The bomb tower is more effective against Black or Zebra Bloons in BTD5, because of the variety of upgrades which allow the Bomb Tower to pop those bloons.
- The looks of the Bomb Tower has changed from Bloons TD 1 & Bloons TD 2, a long black cannon with wheels, to in Bloons TD 3 a camofluage patterned rounded tube in a fixed circle "pad" it rotates on.
- Path 1 upgrades are best for groups of non-MOAB class bloons while path 2 upgrades are best for MOAB-Class Bloons.
- The Bomb Tower has glitch in BTD5 Deluxe that allows it to pop black and zebra bloons even without the tier 3 Bombing Range.
- BTD4's frag bombs premium is the only free premium in BTD4.
- In Bloons Monkey City and BTD6, the Bomb Tower is named the Bomb Shooter.
- This is the only tower from BTD1 to have different prices in every sequel so far. ($900 BTD1, $585 BTD2, $740 BTD3, $700 BTD4, $650 BTD5, $600 BTD6)
- In BTD5 and BMC, the Frag Bombs, MOAB Mauler, and MOAB Assassin upgrades will affect the range, with the MOAB Mauler and MOAB Assassin slightly decreasing the range. However, the difference from these two upgrades is so minimal that it will rarely affect performance.
- This does not apply to the mobile versions of BTD5 and BMC.
- The missile launcher upgrade adds a hazard (black and yellow) warning to the base of the tower, possibly referring to the danger it presents to bloons.
- The color of the base of the missile launcher changes should the player purchase the Path 1 Tier 3 and 4 upgrades. The color changes to a green base if you purchase Cluster Bombs, and a black base with green highlights if you purchase Bloon Impact.
- According to the BMC monkey knowledge book this Bomb Shooter comes from the early 1400's because it uses roundshot (cannon balls).
- When it shoots a bomb and then explodes without the upgrade Bigger Bombs, it makes small blasts which explode as precise circles.
- Bomb Tower despite not being part in Bloons Adventure Time TD, however in its place was placed the C4 Charlie representing.
- The Bomb Tower is one of the only non-monkey towers, the others being the Bloonchipper, Tack Shooter, Spike Factory and Banana Farm.