|“||Deals much more damage and gains the passive Bomb Storm Ability - when lives are lost, the Bomb Storm automatically triggers, which destroys all but the biggest of Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Bomb Blitz is the final upgrade of Path 3 for the Bomb Shooter in Bloons TD 6. Upon losing a life, after a very brief animation, all bloons on screen below a ZOMG (below a BFB before the 2.0 update, although they could still be popped) will be destroyed and ZOMGs and BADs take 2000 damage. This includes Fortified bloons as well. It also fires tertiary cluster bombs every shot instead of every second shot. Primary explosions, secondary explosions, and tertiary explosions also will now deal 5 damage each. Its explosions can also damage Black Bloon properties, as it inherits "fraggy explosions" from Frag Bombs upgrade.
Bomb Blitz is most often utilized for its passive ability, capable of wiping out all bloons on screen with ease, especially on Primary Monkeys Only when paired with Ezili's sacrificial totem. However, Bomb Blitz remains useful even without relying on its passive ability, as its main explosions can be used to wipe out many grouped bloons at once with ease given sufficient buffs to it.
- Due to the upgrade adding +4 damage to all of its main explosions, it is better off getting a 0-2-5 Bomb Blitz rather than a 2-0-5 Bomb Blitz. The total DPS is much greater overall with 0-2-5. The extra explosion radius and extra pierce from 2-0-5 hardly matters in comparison, as Bomb Blitz already possesses incredible pierce because of its guaranteed tertiary explosions.
- The destructive ability can only be used once per round or every 40 seconds, whichever is longer.
- Note that the passive ability is normally completely useless in Impoppable and CHIMPS difficulty settings, except when there is more than one life in the game or whenever a Legend of the Night summons an active black hole.
- On CHIMPS Mode, Bomb Blitz is still relatively useful outside of its passive ability. When paired with the Overclock ability, it can be used to wipe out dense groups of bloons with ease. Bomb Blitz is not nearly as efficient at DPS compared to multiple Recursive Clusters for its cost, but it still has its own merits as a single powerful tower.
- Striker Jones can reset Bomb Blitz cooldown with his Artillery Command ability. That is because Bomb Blitz's ability is considered an ability despite not appearing in the abilities menu.
- As of Version 11.0, it can be paired with Ezili's Sacrificial Totem to detonate a Bomb Blitz at any time whenever necessary.
- However, version 11.0 also added an inital cooldown to the ability when first bought, so do not rely on Bomb Blitz to instantly pop all the bloons when loss is imminent because nothing will happen unless the player holds off for the initial cooldown.
- Initial cooldown for Bomb Blitz is ~13 seconds.
- With the nerfs to Ground Zero and Tsar Bomba, Bomb Blitz still is a viable option for wiping out entire screens of bloons, as it still retains infinite pierce to its passive ability. The only issue is having to wait up its initial cooldown and attempting to leak exactly the amount of lives to trigger the ability without dying, although Ezili's on-demand Sacrificial Totem can alleviate those problems well.
- Since it triggers on life loss, it can be somewhat useful against Gravelord Lych: If Lych-Soul happens to take lives while the Blitz ability is ready, the bomb blitz passive ability will trigger, dealing large damage and likely popping the resurrected MOABs. In earlier tiers, it can also instantly pop the Lych-Soul as well.
When activated Bomb Blitz Passive Ability, one of the following sounds will be played:
- The Bomb Blitz ability is the only way for a Bomb Shooter to pop Camo Bloons without camo detection, as MOAB Assassin no longer can target Camo Bloons nor target non-MOAB-class bloons.
- It is one of the only few upgrades capable of instantly popping a Test Bloon.
- Because of this, it can reach beyond the old max pop count (2,147,483,648) by destroying 215 test bloons.
- So far, since the pop count was raised from 2^31 to 2^63 in Version 9.0, Bomb Blitz has been used to reach the closest to the new pop limit. However, players that have attempted to do so by destroying more than 1000 Test Bloons at once had ended up crashing their devices.