|“||When a Bloon escapes, a Bomb Storm will destroy every Bloon on the screen below a ZOMG.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Bomb Blitz is the final upgrade of Path 3 for the Bomb Shooter. Upon losing a life, after a very brief animation, all bloons on screen below a Z.O.M.G. (below a B.F.B. before the 2.0 update, although they could still be popped) will be destroyed and Z.O.M.Gs and B.A.Ds take 2000 damage. This includes Fortified bloons as well. It also fires tertiary cluster bombs every shot instead of every second shot. Primary explosions, secondary explosions, and tertiary explosions also will now deal 5 damage each and are now able to damage Black and Zebra bloons as well as visible D.D.Ts with its main attacks.
It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard and $42,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Bomb Blitz is most often utilized for its passive ability, capable of wiping out all bloons on screen with ease, especially on Primary Monkeys Only when paired with Ezili's sacrificial totem. However, Bomb Blitz remains useful even without relying on its passive ability, as its main explosions can be used to wipe out many grouped bloons at once with ease given sufficient buffs to it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the upgrade adding +4 damage to all of its main explosions, it is better off getting a 0-2-5 Bomb Blitz rather than a 2-0-5 Bomb Blitz. The total DPS is much greater overall with 0-2-5. The extra explosion radius and extra pierce from 2-0-5 hardly matters in comparison, as Bomb Blitz already possesses incredible pierce.
- The destructive ability can only be used once per round or every 40 seconds, whichever is longer.
- Note that the passive ability is normally completely useless in Impoppable and CHIMPS difficulty settings, except when there is more than one life in the game or whenever a Legend of the Night summons an active black hole.
- On CHIMPS Mode, Bomb Blitz is still relatively useful outside of its passive ability. When paired with the Overclock ability, it can be used to wipe out dense groups of bloons with ease.
- Striker Jones can reset Bomb Blitz cooldown with his Artillery Command ability. That is because Bomb Blitz's ability is considered an ability despite not appearing in the abilities menu.
- As of Version 11.0, it can be paired with Ezili's Sacrificial Totem to detonate a Bomb Blitz at any time whenever necessary.
- However, version 11.0 also added an inital cooldown to the ability when first bought, so do not rely on Bomb Blitz to instantly pop all the bloons when you're about to lose because nothing will happen unless you hold off for the initial cooldown.
- Initial cooldown for Bomb Blitz is ~13 seconds.
Update History[edit | edit source]
Now shoots a tertiary cluster bomb every shot.
Bomb Blitz passive ability can now activate when Ezili's Sacrificial Totem is activated.
Bomb Blitz passive ability now has an initial cooldown that starts once purchased.
Bomb Blitz main attack damage increased (1 --> 5)
Base primary bomb pierce decreased (18 --> 14)
Adding Bigger Bombs adds less pierce bonus for primary, secondary, and tertiary explosions (+10 --> +5)
Adding Heavy Bombs now adds a pierce bonus for primary, secondary, and tertiary explosions (+0 --> +10)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bomb Blitz ability is the only way for a Bomb Shooter to pop Camo Bloons without camo detection, as MOAB Assassin no longer can target Camo Bloons nor target non-MOAB-class bloons.
- Before version 2.0.0, the description was "When a Bloon escapes, a Bomb Storm will destroy every Bloon on the screen below a BFB.", but it has changed to the current description, due a factual correction.
- It is one of the only few upgrades capable of instantly popping a Ghost Bloon.
- Because of this, it can reach beyond the old max pop count (2,147,483,648) by destroying 215 ghost bloons.
- So far, since the pop count was raised from 2^31 to 2^63 in Version 9.0, Bomb Blitz has been used to reach the closest to the new pop limit. However, players that have attempted to do so by destroying more than 1000 Ghost Bloons at once had ended up crashing their devices.