|Bloons Wiki Official Policy Page|
This is an official policy page. It is expected that all users should follow the policies listed on this page regardless of user status. Please read this page carefully to gain a better understanding of how Bloons Wiki operates. If you still have questions about Bloons Wiki policies, please contact the admins.
Before contributing to the Bloons Wiki Forums, please keep in mind a couple of best practices for conduct:
Be nice and treat people with respect.
- People from all around the world read and edit this wiki and its forums. Like any other collaborative project, not everyone will agree all the time. Swearing will not be tolerated; keep discussions civil and be open minded about differing opinions.
Try to find existing discussions first, but don't be afraid to start a new thread.
- Please take a moment to sift through the Bloons Wiki Forum boards to see if a discussion already exists about something you want to talk about. If you can't find what you're looking for — be sure to jump right in and start a new discussion!
Ask for help.
- Notice something that doesn't seem right? or do you have a question? Ask for help here on the forums! If you need help from Wikia staff, please reach out on Community Central or via Special:Contact. If your question has been answered, add the [Answered] tag to your thread title.
Remain on topic
- Topics should remain on the topic that they are discussing, they should not be discussing other topics. A new topic should be made for a new discussion.
- Reported content is sent to staff members for review. If a post needs to be removed or modified then reporting will make that happen.
- The Bloons Wiki community is happy to have you here. We look forward to seeing you around as we discuss this topic we all love.
- A spam post is a post that provides no value to the discussion.
- While it is recommended to not post on very old threads, posts which continue valued discussion of the topic are allowed. Pointless bumps will be removed, as they add very little to the discussion.
- Please do not correct or insult other members' grammar/spelling. It is not tolerated, and it contributes nothing to the discussion. Please remember that not everyone who visits Bloons Wiki is a native English speaker.
Post offensive material
- Offensive material is strictly forbidden. Please remember that the wiki is family-friendly, and that it welcomes an audience of all ages. Ensure that content is appropriate.
Reply to offensive material
- If inappropriate content is posted, it should be reported to a staff member. Do not reply to inappropriate material, as it generally worsens the issue.
- Do not insult or flame other members of the forum. Similarly, do not post with the intention of provoking a reaction from fellow members. This includes encouraging flame wars. Instigation is not tolerated.
How do I stay on top of discussions I'm interested in?
- With a Wikia user account, you can follow specific conversations and receive notifications (either on-site or via email) if a discussion has more activity. If you are over 13 years of age, be sure to sign up for a Wikia account if you don't already have one.
How do I remove vandalism?
- If you notice some spam or vandalism on a thread, hover your mouse over the "More" button appear. Inside the "More" menu, you'll find "Remove". This will allow you to remove the post and optionally inform an admin by checking the checkbox "Notify an admin". Note that you need to have a Wikia account to be able to do so. You can also inform admins on Report Spam/Vandalism thread.
What are Kudos?
- If you find a particular discussion or reply interesting, well thought out, or amusing you can show direct appreciation by giving it Kudos. They can be helpful in voting situations, too.
What are Topics?
- Topics allow you to sync a forum discussion with a wiki article. It's another way to keep Forums organized and to help people find interesting discussions. For example, a Forum thread tagged with Tack Shooter will appear at the bottom of the Tack Shooter article.
Where do I post a thread?
- There are currently eight forum boards. If you are not sure on where to post a thread, please ask a staff member. Try to post threads in the correct sections; otherwise it is very difficult for other users to find your thread to respond or answer appropriately.