|“||Play the top-rated tower defense franchise in this all new head-to-head strategy game - FREE!
It's monkey vs monkey for the first time ever - go head to head with other players in a bloon-popping battle for victory. From the creators of the best selling Bloons TD 5, this all new Battles game is specifically designed for multiplayer combat, featuring 14 custom head-to-head tracks, incredible towers and upgrades, all-new attack and defense boosts, and the ability to control bloons directly and send them charging past your opponents defenses.
|~ Ninja Kiwi description on Google Play|
Bloons TD Battles Mobile is a gaming app playable on mobile as well as on other compatible devices. It is a variation of the web browser-based Bloons TD Battles and was released on July 18th, 2013. The app, unlike Bloons TD 5 Mobile, is free to download from the App Store, Google Play, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Features[edit | edit source]
- See also: Tower and upgrade stats table
Bloons TD Battles Mobile introduced features that were not included in Bloons TD Battles.
- Private matches are set up by Code invite for Android. Game Center invites can be sent for private matches on iOS, though Codes will still work in iOS too. Players can choose a track.
- When the player unlocks a tower, only the tier 1 and tier 2 upgrades are unlocked. Tier 3 and 4 upgrades need to be unlocked separately with Medallions once a certain Battle Score has been reached.
- There is a tutorial that is CPU-controlled at the beginning of the game. The tutorial can be replayed at any time by choosing Play and pressing Battle School.
- There was a bug that made it impossible to finish the tutorial. It occurs when the player must buy a bloon to move on but has just spent his/her money, and can't get any money and has to surrender. This has been fixed (the game will give money to the player).
- There are tracks exclusive to the mobile version.
- The Heli-Pilot, Bloonchipper, COBRA, and Monkey Engineer can be unlocked.
- Playing games does not require any Energy. As such, there is no limit to how often a player battles. Energy is instead used as a special currency to purchase boosts and other items.
- The player only has access to three towers slots per game; however, their final tower slot can be unlocked temporarily for 1, albeit being randomized. If the player is dissatisfied with their final random tower, they can randomize again at a cost of an additional 3.
- Players can also "skip" a map for 2, changing said map to another random map. This can be used two times per game.
- Players can purchase a Tower Boost or Bloon Boost for 1 in-game, speeding up the attack rate of Towers or the speed of sent Bloons, respectively, for a short time, both of which have a cooldown time.
- Players can also purchase a stack of Red Hot Spikes or other powers for 1 in-game, unlike normal roadspikes, they don't disappear after the round has ended, they pop 20 bloons and can pop lead bloons.
- You have three powers, and you can unlock stronger powers with experience. There are five power types: eco powers increase your eco or other ways of getting money; track powers place things on the track to pop bloons; tower powers make your towers stronger for a short time; bloon powers upgrade your bloons, and sabotage powers hinder your opponent's towers. All of these powers have cooldowns.
- There is a practice mode in which the player can play alone in Defensive mode and go as far as they can - similarly to the core gameplay of the Bloons TD games.
- As of August 18, 2014, there now is a tower exclusive to Bloons TD Battles Mobile called the COBRA. This tower will not be released on other platforms because of how it has been customized exclusively for Bloons TD Battles, with upgrades affecting the Bloons sent out and lives gained.
- There are club rooms that have special rules such as unlocking Bloons to send earlier, getting double cash, and getting a free random tower.
- As of November 18, 2017, there are Tournaments, where 16 players battle against each other (the order is randomized) and cut down to 8, then 4, then 2 people, then announce a winner. Club members can create tournaments, and add best of 3, club boosts, or modification.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Version History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)
Over the years, Bloons TD Battles Mobile has changed quite a lot. For a whole version history of Bloons TD Battles Mobile, see Version History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile).
Club Battles[edit | edit source]
Club Battles are battles with special rules such as Random Trio, Bananza, Play With Fire, Mega Boosts, and Speed Battle. The player gets one entry once every 24 hours; alternatively, they can get one entry from spinning the wheel. The player can permanently unlock Club Battles by buying it for $7.99 USD. There is Club Card Battles, with the special rules being the same except instead of Random Trio, it's random cards.
Card Battles[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Card Battles
Card Battles are battles where the player uses cards instead of towers. The cards have the upgrade listed on the card and you can't upgrade the card. The cards also cost a certain amount. The player can send Bloons with cards, as the top of the card is the tower while the bottom is the Bloons send. For example, the player could have a 0-0 Dart Monkey card. That card would have a Dart Monkey picture at the top, the upgrade path of 0-0 in one of the top corners, and a 50 Red Bloon send on the bottom. It could cost 100 Cash for the tower and 150 Cash for the Bloons send.
Professor Evil[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Professor Evil
Professor Evil is an A.I. who can be played with to earn medallions. He has unique strategies that may be different compared to the normal Bloons TD Battles Mobile player, further challenging the player. He must be beaten with a pre-selected set of towers and powers.
Sandbox Mode[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Sandbox Mode #Bloons TD Battles Mobile
In version 6.9, Sandbox Mode was added. It works similar to BTD6 Sandbox Mode. You can choose a round number, every tower is available to use infinitely (including Farmers and Robo Farmers) and every Power is usable.
It is only exclusive to Club Members.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The White Hot Spikes are similar to the Red Hot Spikes in Bloons Monkey City, as they both have properties of not disappearing until all 20 spikes are used up.
- Round 12 was buffed in update TBA, giving it 20 additional greens.
- There is unused code for special items.
- There are multiple keywords in the game that are forbidden by the game, not only on profile names but also in the in-game chat on Clans. Most of those forbidden keywords are typically either words of a profane/offensive nature, certain non-slang words with sexual references, and other miscellaneous "sensitive" words (such as keywords pertaining to the German Third Reich). These can be found in one of the game files, under a particular
[edit | edit source]