|“||Secret shrink potion converts all affected Bloons into Red Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
The Bloon Master Alchemist is the fifth upgrade of path 3 for the Alchemist. It allows the Alchemist to throw special insta-shrinking potions every 10.0s. These potions have infinite range and, when thrown, will target the strongest non-BAD bloons, and once splashed onto the main target the insta-shrink potion will subsequently hit up to 200 bloons (or up to 10 M.O.A.Bs, 4 B.F.Bs, 4 D.D.Ts (with camo support), or 2 Z.O.M.Gs), permanently transforming all of the affected bloons into Red Bloons in the process. Each insta-shrink potion has 200 pierce; MOABs consume 20 pierce, BFBs and DDTs consume 50, and ZOMGs consume 100, while BADs cannot be tranformed at all.
- Be aware that Bloon Master Alchemist can lose out on a lot of money whenever it transforms strong bloons into measly Red Bloons. It is recommended to only purchase it once income losses are manageable.
- Bloon Master Alchemist is still useful in CHIMPS Mode; it can be used to regularly thin out densely packed waves of MOAB-class bloons easily, though obviously the player will start losing money once it starts instantly transforming bloons into Red Bloons. Bloon Master Alchemist is not recommended on shorter maps.
- One Bloon Master Alchemist can solo Round 97 on its own, provided that it has enough range to pop the resulting Red Bloons from the transformations.
- Additionally, on Logs, it can also solo Rounds 94 and 98 on it's own as well.
- Before Version 2.0.0, the Bloon Master Alchemist's shrink potions could attempt to target B.A.D.s despite not doing anything to it. This is no longer possible as of Version 2.0.0.
- The shrink potions do not generate extra cash from shrunken bloons. Ninja Kiwi says that this is intentional and not a bug.
- The potions will target Red Bloons, only if they are the only bloon on screen. It will proceed to do nothing to the Bloon.
- It can also shrink Ghost Bloons into Red Bloons, although they will target these bloons last. It is one of the few towers that are capable of popping an entire Ghost Bloon on its own.
- The potions cannot target D.D.Ts and Camo Bloons without additional camo detection.
- The Bloon Master Alchemist cannot generate additional cash in a regrow farm.
- The Insta-Shrink potion is a large long-necked yellow potion.