|“||Explosions become so violent Bloons are stunned for a short time when they are hit. Range is increased and frags are even more effective.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Bloon Impact is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. Along with a singular large explosion radius from the previous Really Big Bombs upgrade (rather than from Cluster Bombs as it was in BTD5), this upgrade allows the Bomb Shooter to pop Black Bloons and stun all non-MOAB-class bloons affected by its explosion for up to 1.0s. When crosspathed with Frag Bombs, fragments have 2 pierce, deal +1 damage (2 damage) each, and last even longer.
It costs $3,060 on Easy, $3,600 on Medium, $3,890 on Hard and $4,320 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Bloon Impact fulfills a similar role in BTD6 to its BTD5 counterpart, but with a highlighted focus on stunning bloons within a large single explosion rather than multiple smaller explosions. On the positive side, however, it is able to refresh stun effects, including from its own, making it a good choice for stunning compact groups of regular bloons, especially Super Ceramics. Its main role is to reduce the progress of dense groups of regular bloons, to allow more time for other defenses to deal with other bloons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use this upgrade to stun bloons, especially Super Ceramics. With the 4-2-0 crosspath, the Bloon Impact is capable of permastunning bloons as long as it always hits the same bloon.
- Always use the 4-2-0 crosspath, or at least start off with 4-0-0 and aim for Path 2. Although the Bloon Impact upgrade improves the power of frags, the stun effects of this upgrade are far more desired, and the enhanced frags are underwhelmingly powered.
- Bloon Impact is a viable option for stopping Super Ceramics. Against lower density bloons, a single 4-2-0 Bloon Impact can fully solo the bloons without extra assistance, given sufficient time. It's also worth adding in a 3-2-0 Spiked Balls to clean up any passing Super Ceramics while Bloon Impact stalls the other Super Ceramics in place.
- Most of the time, Bloon Impact is paired with Striker Jones + Mauler spam strategies. Even just a few Maulers set on First should be enough to allow the Bloon Impact to not become too overwhelmed by incoming Super Ceramics.
Update History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Bloon Impact deals more damage (2 --> 3)
Bloon Impact (along with Bloon Crush) can now refresh their own bloon stuns.
Bloon Impact range increased (40 --> 43)
402 Bomb Shooter increases pierce of frags from 1 -> 2
402 Bomb Shooter increases damage of frags from 1 -> 2
402 Bomb Shooter increases lifespan of frags from 0.191s -> 0.322s
Bloon Impact costs more ($3200 --> $3600)
Bloon Impact pops more bloons (48 --> 50)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although Bloon Impact was not directly buffed by improved Path 2 crosspathing attack speed buffs on Version 12.0 and Version 18.0, this still resulted in an overall buff, as utilizing the improved Path 2 upgrades allows the Bloon Impact to inflict higher stun uptime versus bloons.
- Although Bloon Impact got a damage buff in Version 7.0, its previous upgrade Really Big Bombs received a similar damage buff in Version 20.0, which Bloon Impact does not inherit.
- On Version 22.0, the Bloon Impact cost was increased by $400 to counteract the tiny pierce buff and the variety of price buffs for its previous upgrades: $300 off Really Big Bombs in Version 7.0, and a total of $200 off in Version 22.0 for the lower Tier 1 upgrades. Bloon Impact was considered by NK to be too cheap by being indirectly buffed on too many updates.