|“||Upgraded to 6 barrels and massively increased damage. Bloons are excluded from existence.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Bloon Exclusion Zone (also referred to as BEZ) is the fifth upgrade of Path 3 for the Dartling Gunner in BTD6. Compared to Bloon Area Denial System, it increases the attack speed by +50% (every 0.3s, or 0.2s with 0-2-5) by shooting from a total of 6 barrels instead of 4, increases projectile number from 6 buckshots to 12, and overall damage of each buckshot increases from 4 to 8. The two top barrels additionally are tall enough to completely ignore Line of Sight.
When set to Target Independent, the Bloon Exclusion Zone now sets barrels to, in order from top to bottom: First, Last, Close, Strong, First, Strong.
It costs $51,000 on Easy, $60,000 on Medium, $64,800 on Hard, and $72,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Bloon Exclusion Zone is a powerful option for popping grouped bloons and single-target bloons due to its high projectile count and high damage. Bloon Exclusion Zone doesn't necessarily require support to become usable in a real game, but for the best results, it should be buffed with supports that greatly benefit high-projectile towers. Because it shoots lots of projectiles per shot, it benefits a lot from Alchemist buffs, most specifically Stronger Stimulant, as well as from Pat Fusty.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bloon Exclusion Zone does not pop Lead or Frozen Bloons by default, as it still has the sharp damage type, so adding a Monkey Intelligence Bureau is a good idea.
- The 0-2-5 Bloon Exclusion Zone is the better upgrade, as the higher attack speed gives the Bloon Exclusion Zone with more overall DPS than simply increasing the accuracy of its projectiles.
- Just like Bloon Area Denial System, Bloon Exclusion Zone greatly benefits from Alchemist buffs, especially Stronger Stimulant. It attacks quite fast, but still slower than a lower-tier Dartling Gun, so a Bloon Exclusion Zone actually will have nearly 100% uptime with Stronger Stimulant.
- Because of how many projectiles it produces per shot, Bloon Exclusion Zone is a good candidate with Pat Fusty, although with Pat Fusty multiple Bloon Area Denial Systems might benefit better from him.
- It produces many projectiles per shot, and because of this, it should be placed a little closer to the entrance, as it deals the most damage versus MOAB-class bloons. Add some space so that it is able to clean up Super Ceramics too.
- When fighting against small groups of weaker bloons, the sheer amount of projectiles will simply wipe them out clean. It takes many more hits for Bloon Exclusion Zone to take down higher-HP MOAB-class, especially BADs, but it does a decent job otherwise. Its main weaknesses, however, are densely grouped MOAB-class and DDTs.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- BEZ's projectiles now knock back non-MOAB-class bloons by a small amount on hit, similar to Super Monkey's Knockback but sends hit bloons ~33% backwards
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An "exclusion zone" is a terrestrial region where human access is forbidden.
- The first Dartling Gunner 2TC was achieved by Dablooon, with 0-2-5 Prince of Darkness + 0-2-5 Bloon Exclusion Zone, as shown here.
- Despite being a "Bloon Exclusion Zone", it does not affect Frozen Bloons or Lead Bloons without support, and it requires camo detection or the Advanced Targeting upgrade to pop camo.
- At $60,000 for the upgrade alone, Bloon Exclusion Zone is the most expensive upgrade in the game that retains the sharp damage type.
- The 0-2-5 Bloon Exclusion Zone is the most expensive tower in the entire game that only has the sharp damage type.
- The top 2 barrels are high ground.
- Bloon Exclusion Zone is the only Tier 5 Dartling without an appearance in the Dartling Gunner trailer video.