|“||4-barreled auto-cannon that can be set to attack automatically.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Bloon Area Denial System is the fourth upgrade of Path 3 for the Dartling Gunner in BTD6. It upgrades the Buckshot Dartling Gunner into a mounted four-barreled auto-cannon, each barrel shooting out six-spray buckshots per shot, with each barrel shooting every 0.45s (every 0.3s with 0-2-4) alternating between each barrel from top to bottom. Upgrading to the Bloon Area Denial System upgrade also grants a new target priority "Independent Targeting" that allows all four barrels to independently shoot First, Last, Close, and Strong.
Unlike most Dartling Gun upgrades, the Bloon Area Denial System is taller, so some of its higher barrels can reach over certain Line of Sight obstacles where its lower barrels cannot. It does not necessarily mean its top barrel can ignore Line of Sight, however.
It costs $10,200 on Easy, $12,000 on Medium, $12,960 on Hard, and $14,400 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Bloon Area Denial System is an effective all-round option at popping various types of non-Lead bloons. It attacks 4x faster because of alternating attacks from each barrel. Under Alchemist buff conditions it consumes buffs 4x faster, but it is still a lot slower than most Dartling Gunners. Combined with its good pierce, Bloon Area Denial System is a good mid-game option at countering various bloon types.
Besides its increased number of barrels, the added "Independent Targeting" target option allows the Bloon Area Denial System to become capable of acting as an ordinary limited-range tower with multiple target priorities per shot.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like its previous upgrade Buckshot, the best crosspath for Bloon Area Denial System is 0-2-4 in most cases, for the increased attack speed and in-built camo detection.
- Alchemist buffs such as Stronger Stimulant are very useful in conjunction with Bloon Area Denial System to allow it to attack faster and deal greater overall damage. Likewise, Pat Fusty is a good option because of its good attack speed and many projectiles per shot.
- In fact, this tower benefits dramatically from the Stronger Stimulant boost, multiplying its damage by 2x-3x.
- Try the "Independent Targeting" target priority so that focus for other Dartling Gunners or high-micro towers like Mortar Monkeys, Heli Pilots, or Banana Farms can be used.
- Treat it further as a limited range tower with this upgrade, as it produces a lot of overall DPS in spite of its low limited range.
- When using the "Normal" or "Locked" targeting, Bloon Area Denial System essentially acts as a 4x faster Buckshot.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- BADS' buckshot projectiles now knock back non-MOAB-class bloons by a small amount on hit, similar to Super Monkey's Knockback but sends hit bloons ~33% backwards
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bloon Area Denial System is the only upgrade in BTD6 that does not at all resemble an existing BTD5 upgrade of the same name. In this case, the old BTD5 Bloon Area Denial System resembles the Rocket Storm upgrade except with triple rockets per shot for the main attack, with a different ability rocket deployment system, and without the potential to stun bloons with the activated ability (if the "Gorgon Storm" MK is active).
- This upgrade's upgrade artwork is inconsistent with the 0-0-4 version of the tower in-game. The monkey's helmet's emblem is different, and the rings around the barrels are yellow instead of green.
- The upgrade artwork resembles a 1-0-4 or 2-0-4 Dartling more than a 0-0-4 tower. Even given that, there are still discrepancies.