|“||Two awesome new maps and all the badges and Monkey Money that come with them - the frighteningly fun beginner map Carved and the chillingly challenging expert map Bloody Puddles!||”|
|~ Version 13.0 description|
This map is a more difficult version of Muddy Puddles with 5 paths and multiple entries and exits per round. There are extra puddles on the map, a broken jeep and some mossy stones that prevent towers from being placed there (The jeep blocks line of sight too) along with a few more trees around the map. Set at night, the map setting is darker than its easier counterpart. The top-right corner tree can be tapped to let a kiwi bird run across part of the map.
Starting from Round 1, half of the bloons will move from the top of the leftmost path down to the bottom, while the other half of the bloons will move from the rightmost path from below to above. On Round 2 and 3, the same process begins but further towards the central path. On Round 4 and 5, bloons will spawn on one path away from the central path. On Round 6, the bloon spawning pattern of Round 1 repeats.
There is a gimmick where attempting to remove the broken jeep for $1000 will result in the obstacle-removing Chinook failing, creating another block for line of sight. Afterwards, the player may tap either the broken Chinook or the jeep to remove the Chinook, the jeep and the nearby stones for a single purchase of $500. Effectively, a total of $1500 is required to remove both obstacles at once.
- Main article: Bloody Puddles/Strategies
- Bloody Puddles as a Halloween-themed version of Muddy Puddles is similar to BTD5's Spooky Castle being a Halloween version of Castle.
- Its name is a play on the word "bloody", implying the scary nature of Halloween, and "Muddy Puddles".
- Bloody Puddles was teased in a post on the BTD6 Facebook page, featuring a picture of Muddy Puddles along with a caption reading, "I wonder how we could make this map harder..."
- This is the second map where a New Zealand reference can be seen, the first being Express Shipping. In this case, a kiwi bird will run around if the top-right tree is tapped.
- The kiwi bird easter egg was removed on around Version 14.0, but returned in Version 19.1.
- This is the first map in which an obstacle-removing Chinook or any obstacle-removing methods fail its duty, in this case, failing to remove the jeep, which causes the Chinook to crash into the ground.
- Prior to Version 14.0, it would read "Actually remove for $500" when you remove the Chinook and Jeep, probably for a joke. Now it reads the usual "Remove for $500" like every other obstacle.
- This is easily the hardest map in BTD6 and one the hardest maps in the whole series. Other candidates for the hardest map include Bloontonium Lab, Tar Pits, Monkeys vs. Bloons, Triangle of Insanity, Down The Drain, Crypt Keeper (with Reverse Mode turned off) and Quad.
- On December 17, 2019, Jajajosh beat Bloody Puddles CHIMPS. That was the first ever Bloody Puddles CHIMPS completion.
- About five months after the first completion, Jajajosh successfully completed the first legitimate Black Border run of Bloody Puddles CHIMPS on May 25, 2020 (YouTube link) with Quincy, Sub Commander, and Sun Avatar. Note that this strategy is no longer viable for a Black Border in version 20.0 due to the nerfs to Berserker Brew and Stronger Stimulant; instead, MOAB Mauler spam with Striker Jones is advised.