- "Blade Maelstrom" redirects here. For the BTD5 counterpart, see Blade Maelstrom (BTD5).
|“||Blade Maelstrom ability: Covers the area in a storm of blades.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Blade Maelstrom is the 4th upgrade of Path 2 for the Tack Shooter in BTD6. This upgrade grants a new ability that creates two rapidly shooting streams of infinite-pierce blades that spiral outwards clockwise for 3 seconds. Cooldown for the ability is 20 seconds, and there is a 6.67s initial cooldown before using the ability for the first time.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The main power of Blade Maelstrom is its infinite pierce. As such, it can immensely reduce the difficulty of grouped bloon rounds, as well as deal general cleanup whenever necessary. Proper placement and ability timing is required to utilize the most out of its infinite pierce, but it is highly effective for its price. It is not very useful in later rounds, but due to its cost-effectiveness it remains part of an effective strategy in certain CHIMPS games.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Going against the direction of the track, sometimes known as going against the grain, does more damage to to bloons, so positioning the Blade Maelstrom is important.
- Blade Maelstrom will deal more damage to bloons closer to its proximity, due to the higher density of blades.
- This is a cheap way to patch up your defense for Round 63, 76 and 78 which all contain dense rounds of Ceramics, due to the Maelstrom's infinite pierce. Do note that however, it can only handle two of the three waves of Ceramics on Round 63.
- It is an option to get two of these, which can be able to pop all of the Ceramics on these rounds on most maps without having to wait for cooldown.
- When under the effect of Overclock, Ultraboost, Call to Arms or Homeland Defense, the ability will shoot out much more blades.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Projectiles are no longer deleted as a round progresses during a Race Event
Blade Maelstrom ability duration increased (2s --> 3s)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Out of all Tier 4 abilities, the Blade Maelstrom upgrade has the shortest initial cooldown out of all of them, at just 6.67s.