|“||Replaces arm with a strong bionic arm that can throw boomerangs extremely fast and do more damage to MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Bionic Boomerang is the third upgrade in Path 2 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. This upgrade corresponds to Bionic Boomer in BTD5. The Bionic Boomerang upgrade increases attack speed for the Boomerang Monkey by around 2.86x (3.57x with Glaives), from every 0.8s to every 0.28s (every 0.238s with Glaives), as well as dealing +1 damage to MOAB-class bloons.
Unlike in BTD5, the Boomerang Monkey now keeps its jumpsuit, but the jumpsuit is grey like the one that the Faster Rangs upgrade has. Also, purchasing Bionic Boomer will not necessarily give it Red Hot Rangs anymore, as they are now on separate paths.
It costs $1360 on Easy, $1600 on Medium, $1730 on Hard, and $1920 on Impoppable.
The Bionic Boomerang is usually used as a stepping stone for its higher tiers Turbo Charge and Perma Charge. It doesn't have much of a specific niche, being an average and well-rounded early DPS tower.
- Usually, 2-3-0 is better than 0-3-2 because the Glaives upgrade grants extra attack speed and a lot of extra pierce over +1 damage and remaining at a small pierce.
- Place Bionic Boomerang around a good curve, in order to maximize its many fast-shooting boomerangs.
- Bionic Boomerang damage to MOAB-class increased by +1
- The +1 damage to MOABs for Bionic Boomerang now (correctly) applies to all MOAB-class bloons
- The name "Bionic Boomerang" was likely picked in favor of "Bionic Boomer" in order to minimize ambiguity.
- In BTD6, the Bionic Boomerang keeps its jumpsuit, while in BTD5 it loses its jumpsuit completely. Interestingly enough, Kylie Boomerang is now the upgrade that loses the Boomerang Monkey's jumpsuit when upgraded, although the Kylie Boomerang will feature Australian-inspired clothing instead.
- Bionic Boomerang was not affected by the Faster Rangs attack speed buff in Version 7.0.