|“||Replaces arm with a strong bionic arm that can throw boomerangs extremely fast and do more damage to MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game Description|
Bionic Boomerang is the third upgrade in Path 2 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. The Bionic Boomerang upgrade increases attack speed for the Boomerang Monkey by around 2.84x, from every 0.675s to every 0.238s, as well as dealing +2 damage to MOAB-class bloons.
The following is a list of statistics of a Boomerang Monkey with Bionic Boomerang. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, sharp type, detects partial hitbox, 43 range, 0.28s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 2 damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, 4 pierce.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Boomerang gains +4 pierce, for a total of 8 pierce.
- Attacks slightly faster, 0.238s (-15%) attack cooldown instead of 0.28s from the previous upgrade.
- Glaives have increased pierce up to 13 pierce per shot.
- Base range increases to 49.5
- Glaives deal 2 (+1) damage and 3 (+1) damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, normal type.
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Boomerang Monkey with Bionic Boomerang. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
The Bionic Boomerang is usually used as a stepping stone for its higher tiers Turbo Charge and Perma Charge. It doesn't have much of a specific niche, being an average and well-rounded early DPS tower.
- Usually, 2-3-0 is better than 0-3-2 because the Glaives upgrade grants a lot of extra pierce over +1 damage and remaining at a small pierce.
- Place Bionic Boomerang around a good curve, in order to maximize its attack.
Extra Notes (Version History)
- The interpretation of the 26.0 base Boomerang buffs was different among the community. Other experts believed that the Bionic Boomerang was unaffected by the 26.0 rework, while Bloons Wiki interpreted this as an inherited buff. This was later proven in favor of the other experts with the 27.0 Bionic Boomerang buff, which is actually a bug fix listed as a balance change.
- In the description, it says "Replaces arm with a strong bionic arm". However, it seems that if the Bionic Boomerang switch hands using the "Change hands" targeting priority, the bionic arm returns being a normal arm, while the other arm changes to a bionic arm. This may suggest the "bionic arm" is actually a mechanized gauntlet, even if the elbow part of the bionic arm is thinner than the Boomerang Monkey's arm.
- In BTD6, the Bionic Boomerang keeps its jumpsuit, while in BTD5 it loses its jumpsuit completely. Interestingly enough, Kylie Boomerang is now the upgrade that loses the Boomerang Monkey's jumpsuit when upgraded, although the Kylie Boomerang will feature Australian-inspired clothing instead.
- Bionic Boomerang was not affected by the Faster Rangs attack speed buff in Version 7.0.