|“||Creates larger piles of spikes per shot.||”|
|~ BTD6 Official Description|
Bigger Stacks is the 1st upgrade of Path 1 for the Spike Factory in BTD6. It increases the number of spikes produced by the Spike Factory from 5 to 10, equivalent to +5 pierce. There is a special interaction that increases Perma-Spike spikes from 50 to 70, for +20 pierce.
It costs $680 on Easy, $800 on Medium, $865 on Hard, and $960 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Bigger Stacks essentially doubles the number of spikes for the same price as the base Spike Factory itself, with the only exception being Perma-Spike, which is only a +40% pierce increase. The Bigger Stacks upgrade is cost-effective in combination with crosspaths, but remains only of equal value to two 0-0-0 Spike Factories when upgrading an existing 0-0-0 Spike Factory with said upgrade.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bigger Stacks is good in combination with other upgrades, so buying this upgrade will become useful when crosspathed with another upgrade, especially with Path 2 upgrades.
- Generally speaking, this upgrade is the best crosspath with Upper Path 2, specifically for Spike Storm and Carpet of Spikes, as not only is White Hot Spikes is accessible, it provides a reliable source of higher overall DPS, in contrast to buying Smart Spikes, where higher ability spike DPS is limited to the start-of-round stages.
- If not planning to buy further crosspaths with Bigger Stacks, it's better off buying a second 0-0-0 Spike Factory. That way, for a similar price, the overall spike production can replenish at a faster rate.
- Do not use this upgrade as a crosspath with Perma-Spike, as the 0-2-5 crosspath is far superior in terms of DPS. Plus, lead-popping is very accessible with an added Acidic Mixture Dip Alchemist rather than via purchasing the White Hot Spikes upgrade.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Base projectile lifespan reduced from 70s to 50s
- Cost of Bigger Stacks increased ($600 --> $800)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Projectiles[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, the Spike Factory gains a red larger spout instead of turning its feet red.
- Following a Version 22.0 nerf for Bigger Stacks in BTD6, the cost of Bigger Stacks has always increased by $100 with each generation of BTD games.
- Interestingly, the prices for the Bigger Stacks and Faster Production upgrades are swapped in BTD6 compared to BTD5, costing $700 and $800 respectively instead of $800 and $700 in BTD6.
- The upgrade icon for Bigger Stacks in BTD6 actually shows 10 spikes. In BTD5, the upgrade icon for Bigger Stacks only showed 5 spikes. In BTD4 there are also 10 spikes in the upgrade icon, but it's 5 groups of spikes arranged in a cross shape.