|“||Special brew gives Monkeys extra damage, range, and attack speed. Lasts longer.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Berserker Brew is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Alchemist in Bloons TD 6. An Alchemist with this upgrade will throw a buffing potion every 8 seconds at a nearby monkey which grants it +1 damage per hit, +10% range, +2 pierce, and +11.1% attack speed (x0.9 attack cooldown). The Berserker Brew potions last for 5 seconds or after 25 attacks (6 seconds or after 40 attacks with 3-2-0) from the targeted tower, whichever comes first. The chosen target is the closest buffable tower that does not already have the buff or the buff cooldown. Towers require 5s (4s with 3-2-0) before being able to be buffed again by any Alchemist (only affects Berserker Brew and Stronger Stimulant); cooldown starts as soon as they receive the buff.
Unlike Acidic Mixture Dip, Berserker Brew is always thrown to the tower closest to the Alchemist.
Upon upgrading to Berserker Brew, the Alchemist will gain a wooden barrel on its back, along with a wooden spoon on its right hand. It also gains an orange cloak instead of a purple cloak and orange goggles instead of pink goggles. Upon upgrading along Path 2, it will gain white gloves if upgraded to Stronger Acid or black gloves and black mouth mask if upgraded to Perishing Potions. Upon upgrading along Path 3, its eye goggles will become one single uniform eye goggle if upgraded to Faster Throwing and its eye goggles turn blue once upgraded to Acid Pool.
Berserker Brew allows the Alchemist to throw two different support potions at target towers, a separate Acidic Mixture Dip potion that allows popping of Leads and DDTs as well as deal +1 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class, along with a new Berserker Brew potion that grants the target tower +1 damage per hit, +10% range, +2 pierce, and +11.1% attack speed (x0.9 attack cooldown). Berserker Brew potions will last for 5 seconds or after 25 attacks from the targeted tower, whichever comes first. Brews are improved with 3-2-0, lasting for 6 seconds or after 40 attacks from the targeted tower, whichever comes first. There is a cooldown of 5.0s (4.0s with 3-2-0) before a new brew can be reapplied to the same tower.
Berserker Brew targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. It lobs potions at bloons based on current targeting.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
Alchemists with this upgrade can throw buff potions at nearby towers, giving them tower buffs. Acidic Mixture Dip is thrown on a random tower and prioritizes those without an AMD buff. Berserker Brew potions always target on Close relative to the Alchemist, and ignores already brewed targets or those who have very recently been brewed.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
This upgrade's prices (or included crosspath's prices) are affected by the following MK: Better Sell Deals
- See also: Alchemist Brewing Strategy
Berserker Brew is one of the most cost-effective ways to greatly empower a nearby tower, improving the attack speed, pierce, and damage of the affected towers. In particular, it is one of the best options when paired with towers that attack relatively slowly but possess a high number of projectiles, such as Bloonjitsu, Triple Guns, and Recursive Cluster. The powerful brew effects can be enhanced even further when upgraded to its next upgrade Stronger Stimulant, and the same upgrade provides overall higher brew uptime for most towers.
- Berserker Brew is a separate potion from both the main attack and Acidic Mixture Dip. Do not expect that it will always guarantee giving Acidic Mixture Dip to every time it throws potions at the target tower.
- The best synergies with Berserker Brew are generally towers that shoot high quantities of projectiles but attack relatively slow. Those include: Bloonjitsu, Recursive Cluster, Druids, Grape Shot/Hot Shot Buccaneers.
- However, because the buff to attack speed is multiplicative, the power a faster Monkey would gain from Berserker Brew would be greater than a slower one, albeit for a shortened duration.
- Destroyer with Grape Shot/Hot Shot also works, but the Berserker Brews tends to wear out approximately after ~80% of the full duration.
- Avoid buffing low tier Super Monkeys, as they have few shots per attack instance, have low total pierce, and high attack speed.
- As Berserker Brew's buff potion is only thrown to the closest tower, place the Alchemist as close to the favorable target tower as possible.
- If purely using Berserker Brew, the 3-2-0 Berserker Brew is significantly more effective than 3-0-1, otherwise go for whatever would be the effective crosspath with Stronger Stimulant. 3-0-2 Berserker Brew is no more useful than 3-0-1 Berserker Brew because Acid Pool does absolutely nothing to the buff potions and deals measly situational damage.
- Due to being able to be fully discounted, multiple 3-x-x Alchemists can more more useful than 4-x-x Alchemists in specific situations, such as for buffing an equivalent number of Spiked Balls on multi-lane maps such as on #Ouch. This is especially useful in CHIMPS games, where every dollar counts.
- Buffing with separate 3-x-x Alchs for Spiked Balls ensures that they gain separate AMD buffs, and the relatively slow attack speed of Spiked Balls makes the AMD uptime comparatively high.
|Not enough images!|
There are not enough images on this page to sufficiently complete this page or section. You can help by expanding it by uploading some images related to the article's subject(s).
In particular, this article needs: Demonstration of the BBrew effect for damage and range. Pierce and speed are harder to show but still welcomed..
- Berserker Brew potions will appear as an orange splash upon impact on the target tower.
- The in-game files for the brew sound effects imply that Berserker Brew was going to use those sound effects, but instead only Stronger Stimulant and Permanent Brew uses those sound effects.
- Berserker Brew, Acidic Mixture Dip and their upgrades can be used on a Primary Expertise Monkey Village.
- Berserker Brew and other Alch buffs cannot buff other Alchemists.
- The only upgrade portrait that clearly depicts the Acidic Mixture Dip chemicals aside from the Acidic Mixture Dip upgrade itself is Berserker Brew's upgrade portrait.
Ninja Kiwi Blogs
- According to Ninja Kiwi's December 3rd 2021 blog, they describe Berserker Brew's taste as "RAGE INDUCING!!!!".
- When asked on the 6th May 2022 blog about whether Berserker Brew is made of pickles, given the logic of Jar of Pickles adding damage, Ninja Kiwi stated that Berserker Brew contains ingredients for pickling.
- According to Ninja Kiwi's 23rd June 2022 blog, Berserker Brew tastes similar to fruit juice.