|“||Grows 16 Banana bunches per round.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Banana Plantation is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Banana Farm in BTD6. It roughly corresponds to the Banana Republic upgrade from BTD4 and BTD5. It allows the Banana Farm to produce 16 bananas instead of 8, valuing at $320 when all bananas are collected (or $400 with 3-2-0 crosspath, $416 with More Valuable Bananas).
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable.
Banana Plantation is one large banana tree that becomes four smaller trees and a cross river from an edge of farm. The Banana Plantation will no longer "jump" heavily when deploying bananas, but rather it will nudge upwards whenever it does so.
- Avoid simply going for Banana Plantation, because it is less efficient compared to its cost compared to a Marketplace. Only purchase this upgrade if either leading towards Banana Research Facility without wanting to sell any of the Farms to get there or once all lower-tier Farms are within range of applicable Banana Farmers.
- Try go for a 3-2-0 Plantation over a 3-0-2 Plantation, as Valuable Bananas will grant more income per banana, although the Plantation still isn't too bad without the Path 2 upgrades.
- This upgrade in a way corresponds to the old Banana Republic upgrade in BTD4 and BTD5. However, the pre-BTD6 Banana Republic gave $500 total per round instead of $320 for the BTD6 Banana Plantation.
- The Banana Plantation replaces Banana Republic as the Tier 3 upgrade of Path 1 for the Banana Farm. It is likely due to naming concerns.
- The old Banana Plantation from BTD4 to BTD5 corresponds more towards the Greater Production upgrade, but produces less bonus income.