- "Ballistic Missile" redirects here. For the BTD5 counterpart, see Ballistic Missile (BTD5).
|“||Missile seeks target within range and does extra MOAB and Ceramic damage.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Ballistic Missile is the 3rd upgrade for Path 2 for the Monkey Sub in Bloons Tower Defense 6. This upgrade adds ballistic missiles that shoot above the sky and crash onto target bloons on screen, which will increase reliability of the missiles overall due to the missiles not being able to disappear from projectile expiry. These ballistic missiles will attack at any bloon within increased range (from 42 to 50, or anywhere on screen with Advanced Intel), but these missiles cannot attack camo bloons at all without camo support.
Each ballistic missile deals 1 damage each, deals an extra +5 damage versus Ceramics and MOAB-class, have 100 pierce each, and are shot every 1.3s (every 1.138s with Twin Guns, every 0.853s with Airburst Darts). The blast radius for a Ballistic Missile is approximately ~25 units diameter.
It costs $1,190 on Easy, $1,400 on Medium, $1,510 on Hard, and $1,680 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Ballistic Missile's high pierce compared to its cost makes it a good option for handling very dense clumps of bloons accurately. It can be used to chip down the health off Ceramic Bloons in earlier rounds, as well as deal a reasonable amount of damage to MOAB-class bloons. Armies of Ballistic Missiles are not very efficient in later rounds compared to its BTD5 counterpart, but they are considerably cheap and possess quite high range and accuracy.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- 2-3-0 Ballistic Missile is useful when spamming the entire map with Ballistic Missiles, although better anti-MOAB options are available for this purpose.
- Use 0-3-2 Ballistic Missiles when nearby a map with good central spots. Pair with Monkey Villages to ensure their ballistic missiles can reach enough of the track.
- Ballistic Missiles can deal double damage to all bloons by pairing with Sub Commander, allowing each ballistic missile to deal 12 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class. Pair with Admiral Brickell's Naval Tactics ability to unleash a barrage of fast-attacking Ballistic Missiles, especially with the 0-3-2 crosspath.
- Due to its extreme pierce for its low cost, Ballistic Missile can be used to break off the shells off Ceramic Bloons on Round 63, although for this purpose it is best used on maps without multiple entry points. Use the 2-3-0 Ballistic Missile on Strong to maximize missile range.
Version History[edit | edit source]
2/3/0 Ballistic Missile can now target Camo Bloons with Advanced Intel.
Ballistic Missile will no longer target the Sub if the original target was destroyed.
Missile fire rate increased (2s → 1.5s)
2/3/0 Missiles now (correctly) have unrestricted range.
- Ballistic missiles can deal 2x more damage if nearby Sub Commander.
- Ballistic Missile's base range increased (42 --> 60)
- Ballistic Missile's ballistic missiles are now limited to base range, unless Advanced Intel is purchased.
- Adding Twin Guns increases ballistic missile rate from 1.5s to 1.275s
- Adding Airburst Darts increases ballistic missile rate from 1.5s to 0.75s
- Ballistic Missiles now deal more damage to Ceramics and MOABs (5 --> 6)
- Ballstic Missile costs less ($1,500 --> $1,400)
- 2-3-0 Ballistic Missile's missiles no longer detect camo via the range of other camo-detecting towers without support
- Ballistic Missile range reduced (60 -> 50, only +8 range)
- 0-3-1 Ballistic Missile crosspath's fire rate reduced (1.275s -> 1.3125s)
- 0-3-2 Ballistic Missile crosspath's fire rate reduced (0.75s -> 0.984375s)
- Ballistic Missile's splash no longer hits Camo without Camo Detection, even with a camo detecting tower sharing its camo vision through Advanced Intel.
- Ballistic Missile missile reload time decreased (1.5s --> 1.3s)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Purchasing Ballistic Missile in BTD6 will give the monkey a Russian appearance. There were no visual changes to the monkey in the BTD5 version of the Ballistic Missile upgrade besides a hat color change.
- In BTD6, the description was "Missile seeks target over any distance and does extra MOAB and Ceramic damage." until Version 19.0, although the missile range was nerfed in Version 18.0.
- Prior to the Version 19.0 nerfs to the Path 3 crosspathed Ballistic Missile, Brickell + 0-3-2 Ballistic spam + 2-0-5 Sub Commander was used to easily beat Quad CHIMPS, and could even be easily done with Black Border.
- Ballistic Missile is the 72nd unique 2MPC combo in the fan-official 2MPC spreadsheet, and using the 0-3-2 crosspath it was achieved on Version 18.0, prior to the Version 19.0 nerfs. It is likely no longer possible as of Version 19.0, due to the nerf to the base Ballistic Missile range and the attack speed bonuses of Path 3.
- It is possible for a ballistic missile to shoot at bloons outside of its range, even without Advanced Intel, but there must be a bloon within range while the ballistic missile attack is not on cooldown in order for this phenomenon to occur.