|“||Ballistic missile seeks its target over any distance and does extra damage to Ceramic and MOAB class bloons.||”|
|~ Description from BTD 5 iOS|
|“||Missile seeks target over any distance and does extra MOAB and Ceramic damage.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Ballistic Missile is the third upgrade along path 2 for the Monkey Sub in BTD5. It costs $1275 on Easy, $1500 on Medium, $1620 on Hard and $1800 on Impoppable. It allows the sub to fire missiles at bloons, as well as its darts. The missiles have infinite range (even though the missiles might miss and disappear) and pop Lead Bloons, but cannot harm Black or Zebra Bloons (similar to Bomb Towers). It does 3 damage to Ceramic Bloons and M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. Its blast radius is bigger than the Cannon Ship upgrade of Monkey Buccaneer.
This upgrade returns in BTD6, where it serves as the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Sub. Ballistic Missiles now shoot above the sky and crash onto target bloons on screen, which will increase reliability of the missiles overall due to the missiles not being able to disappear from projectile expiry. The missiles have extended range (from a range increase to this upgrade from 42 to 60), but not unlimited unless crosspathed with Advanced Intel. The missiles are shot every 1.5 seconds, each dealing 1 damage plus an extra +5 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class bloons. Ballistic Missile costs $1400 on Medium.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
2/3/0 Ballistic Missile can now target Camo Bloons with Advanced Intel.
Ballistic Missile will no longer target the Sub if the original target was destroyed.
Missile fire rate increased (2 sec. → 1.5 sec.)
2/3/0 Missiles now (correctly) have unrestricted range.
- Ballistic missiles can deal 2x more damage if nearby Sub Commander.
- Ballistic Missile's base range increased (42 --> 60)
- Ballistic Missile's ballistic missiles are now limited to base range, unless Advanced Intel is purchased.
- Adding Twin Guns increases ballistic missile rate from 1.5s to 1.275s
- Adding Airburst Darts increases ballistic missile rate from 1.5s to 0.75s
- Ballistic Missiles now deal more damage to Ceramics and MOABs (5 --> 6)
- Ballstic Missile costs less ($1500 --> $1400)
- In BTD5 Flash, there is no difference in tower appearances in Flash, but there are differences when upgrading on the left side too.
- In BTD5, there is a very rare glitch were ballistic missile subs will fire the missles at the rate of a 1-2 Super Monkey.
- Purchasing Ballistic Missile in BTD6 will give the monkey a Russian appearance.