|“||There can be only one.||”|
|~ "There Can Be Only One" MK description|
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey (AKA Vengeful True Sun God, Vengeful Sun God, Dark True Sun God or the Dark Temple) is a tower added to Bloons Tower Defense 6 in the 3.0 update, named after the BMC variant. It is a more powerful version of the True Sun God, requiring the Monkey Knowledge skill, 'There Can Only Be One,' along with a separate sacrifice of The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night outside its range in order to become three times more powerful than normal. The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey summons dark Sun Avatars and Spectres instead of the normal gold variants. It also shoots out deep red variants of the True Sun God's projectiles. Other than aesthetic changes, all of its attacks also become three times stronger. It cannot be summoned in Sandbox Mode, and C.H.I.M.P.S., where Monkey Knowledge is disabled.
It costs the same as a normal True Sun God, along with $50k of all tower categories (Primary, Military, Magic, Support) sacrificed prior to upgrading an existing Sun Temple, plus the costs of The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night outside the range of it. Combining the sacrificing costs and the upgrade cost of the True Sun God upgrade itself altogether, the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey upgrade costs the following:
- $1,138,100+ on Medium (4 * $50,000+ for the four tower categories, $125900 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $312200 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $500,000 for the True Sun God upgrade).
Creating an Avatar of the Vengeful MonkeyEdit
In order to summon the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, the player must follow the steps below:
- Build a Sun Temple with appropriate sacrifices, and prepare around it the sacrifices needed for the upgrade into True Sun God (at least 3 categories with more than $50,000 sacrifices for Sun Temple and all 4 categories with more than $50,000 sacrifices for True Sun God). Bear in mind that some towers may be discounted around the newly upgraded Sun Temple, so ensure the sell prices of each category sum up to more than $35,000 (or more than $37,500 with the Better Sell Deals MK).
- Outside of the Temple's range, create The Anti-Bloon (x/5/x Super Monkey) and the Legend of The Night (x/x/5 Super Monkey); they cannot be sacrificed to the creation of the TSG, otherwise the upgrade to AOTVM will fail.
- Upgrade the Sun Temple into True Sun God. If the knowledge "There Can Be Only One" is activated the God will first animate the creation of the True Sun God then absorb the Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night, becoming a powerful Dark Temple.
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey is effectively identical to its standard form with the exception of its main attack (which gains +50 damage from 25 to 75) and a triple increase in damage to its magic Avatar summons (from 4 to 12, excluding damage buffs from support sacrifices) as well as its other sacrifice powers. This form also disables the Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night upgrades unless the Vengeful True Sun God is sold.
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey can only be summoned by having maxed sacrifices on the T4 Temple as well as the True Sun God so will always be some variation of 2/2/2/1 as it is impossible to have a T4 Temple maxed in all categories. The tier of sacrifice paths increases by having sacrifices inputted into the Sun Temple prior to upgrading to True Sun God. The additional benefits provided by the Sun Temple are additional to the minimal Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey. Keep in mind that it is worth it to sacrifice the True Sun god, Legend of the Night, and The Anti-Bloon, as the AotVM is much more powerful than all 3 of these combined.
- Unlike with a normal True Sun God, the optimal Vengeful God is a 2/2/2/1 setup. As the Vengeful God has the highest damage in the game, it is preferred to make it stronger over giving it a stronger buff to other weaker towers. The player can fill the buff to other towers through another 4-tier support Sun Temple as well.
- Again, boosting the Vengeful God with Permanent Brew Alchemists is highly advised as it boosts the rate of spawning powerful Dark Avatars and the Vengeful God's various attacks.
- Do keep in mind that Dark Avatars are considered sub-powers and therefore are not able to be directly buffed by Permanent Brew.
- Use Overclocks and Ultraboosts for +80% increased attack speed. Ultraboost in particular adds a +8% permanent attack speed buff to the AotVM that stacks up to 10 times, on top of any Overclock abilities and any other attack speed buffs.
- Use a 4-tier Sun Temple with support sacrifices to boost the power of the Vengeful Temple and your other late game support.
The +50 damage to mini-Avatars was possibly unintended originally, but in the 14.0 patch notes, it was labelled as a balance change. It is also speculated that the damage increase coming along with pierce and damage attack nerfs is to reduce lag by reducing the number of projectiles on screen at once. The changes affecting the True Sun God carrying over to the Vengeful True Sun God are calculated with the actual stats of the Vengeful True Sun God, not the True Sun God. This section is adapted (but not a direct copy) from the 14.0 patch notes.
- No longer grants +50 damage to mini-Avatars
- Increases the damage of sub-powers by x3
- Blade burst stage 1 damage increased from 1 → 45
- Blade burst stage pierce reduced from 100 → 10
- Blade burst stage 2 damage increased from 2 → 75
- Blade burst stage 2 pierce reduced from 100 → 20
- All Golden Glaives stages pierce reduced from 100 → 50
- Golden Glaives stage 1 damage increased from 2 → 30
- Golden Glaives stage 2 damage increased from 2 → 60
- Golden Glaives stage 3 damage increased from 3 → 90
- All Homing MOAB Missile stages pierce reduced from 100 → 50
- Homing MOAB Missile damage increased from 50 → 225
- All Golden Spectre stages attack rate reduced from 0.04 → 0.15
- Golden Spectre dart pierce reduced from 50 → 10
- Golden Spectre bomb pierce reduced from 100 → 30
- Golden Spectre stage 1 dart damage increased from 2 → 30
- Golden Spectre stage 2 dart damage increased from 3 → 75
- Golden Spectre stage 1 bomb damage increased from 2 → 18
- Golden Spectre stage 2 bomb damage increased from 3 → 30
- Arcane Blasts stage 1 damage increased from 1 → 60
- Arcane Blasts stage 2 damage increased from 2 → 90
- Arcane Blasts stage 3 damage increased from 4 → 105
- VTSG Mini Avatar damage from 51 → 12 (includes the 3x buff)
- At a bare minimum, it costs $1,220,655 on Easy, $1,374,300 on Medium, $1,456,240 on Hard, and $1,579,160 on Impoppable (?).
- If created with Adora in its range, Adora will also undergo a transformation and turn into colors matching that of the Vengeful Monkey, and gain a powerful strength boost.
- Adora will not buff the Vengeful Monkey in return, however.
- The design of the Vengeful Monkey temple may be based off of the other 5th tiers of the Super Monkey; the red eyes and metallic body come from the Anti-Bloon, and the dark color tone comes from the Legend of The Night
- The mini Dark Sun Avatar artwork actually smiles instead of making a tilted frown.
- In the sprite files of the game, it says that it is a 5-5-5 True Sun God. Every texture that involves the Vengeful Avatar is indicated as “TrueSunGod555” as the normal True Sun God is called “TrueSunGod5xx”
- Its projectiles sprites are also said to be “555” but the normal True Sun God doesn’t say.
- There will soon be a link to see the difference of sprites between the Vengeful Avatar and True Sun God.
- Prior to Version 14.0, the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey's mini Dark Sun Avatars would deal just over 50x more damage than a normal mini Sun Avatar (specifically from 1 damage per shot to 50 damage per shot). Rohan stated that this was a bug, and this unusual damage buff was quickly replaced by a much weaker damage buff.