|“||There can be only one.||”|
|~ "There Can Be Only One" MK description|
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey (AKA Vengeful True Sun God, Vengeful Sun God, Dark True Sun God or the Dark Temple) is a tower added to Bloons TD 6 in the 3.0 update. The main unofficial name "Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey" is coined in reference to the BMC variant. The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey is a more powerful version of the True Sun God, requiring the Monkey Knowledge "There Can Be Only One", $50,000+ worth of sacrifices on all four categories prior to upgrading from a maxed Sun Temple, along with a separate sacrifice of The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night outside its range.
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey summons dark Sun Avatars and Spectres instead of the normal gold variants. It also shoots out deep red variants of the True Sun God's projectiles. Other than aesthetic changes, all of its attacks gain 3× damage, making it arguably the single-most powerful tower in the entire game, with the exception of instakills such as Legend of the Night's passive black hole ability. Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey cannot be summoned in Sandbox Mode, nor can it be summoned on C.H.I.M.P.S., where Monkey Knowledge is disabled.
The total cost for an Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey is complex; the cost section of this page will further explain the total costs in greater detail.
It costs the same as a normal True Sun God, along with $50k of all tower categories (Primary, Military, Magic, Support) sacrificed prior to upgrading an existing maxed Sun Temple, plus the costs of The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night outside the range of it. Combining the sacrificing costs and the upgrade cost of the True Sun God upgrade itself altogether, the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey upgrade costs the following from scratch:
- $1,254,910+ on Easy (7 * $50,000+ 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $102,765 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $265,370 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $536,775 for the True Sun God upgrade).
- $1,414,600+ on Medium (7 * $50,000+ 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $120,900 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $312,200 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $631,500 for the True Sun God upgrade).
- $1,499,765+ on Hard (7 * $50,000+ 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $130,570 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $337,175 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $682,020 for the True Sun God upgrade).
- $1,772,600+ on Impoppable (7 * $50,000+ for the 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $145,080 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $374,640 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $757,800 for the True Sun God upgrade).
Remember, in order to summon the AOTVM, you have to purchase a True Sun God and its preceding upgrades, an Anti-Bloon and its preceding upgrades, a Legend of the Night and its preceding upgrades, and a total of at least $350,000 in sacrifices.
Creating an Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey
The Troubleshooting section acts as a slightly condensed version of this section and may be more helpful if you cannot create the AoTVM. In order to summon the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, the player must follow the steps below:
- Have "There Can Be Only One" knowledge unlocked, have Monkey Knowledge enabled, play on a mode other than Sandbox Mode and C.H.I.M.P.S. (The specific knowledge point is disabled in Sandbox Mode, and all monkey knowledge is disabled in C.H.I.M.P.S.)
- Build a Sun Temple with max sacrifices ($50,000 spent) in 3 out of 4 tower categories, and then prepare $50,000+ sacrifices for all categories of towers for the True Sun God. Bear in mind that some towers may be discounted around the newly upgraded Sun Temple, especially if you have sacrificed Support towers, so ensure the sell prices of each category sum up to more than $35,000 (or more than $37,500 with the Better Sell Deals MK).
- Outside of the Temple's range, place and upgrade The Anti-Bloon (x/5/x Super Monkey) and the Legend of The Night (x/x/5 Super Monkey); they cannot be sacrificed to the creation of the TSG, otherwise the upgrade to AOTVM will fail.
- Upgrade the Sun Temple into True Sun God. If the Monkey Knowledge Point "There Can Be Only One" is activated the game will first animate the creation of the True Sun God and then absorb the Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night, becoming a powerful Dark Temple.
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey is effectively identical to its standard form with the exception of its main attack (which gains +50 damage from 25 to 75) and a triple increase in damage to its magic Avatar summons (from 4 to 12, excluding damage buffs from support sacrifices) as well as its other sacrifice powers. This form also disables the Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night upgrades unless the Vengeful True Sun God is sold.
The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey can only be summoned by having maxed sacrifices on both the Tier 4 Sun Temple and the True Sun God, so it will always be some variation of 2/2/2/1 as it is impossible to have a Tier 4 Temple maxed in all categories. The tier of sacrifice paths increases by having sacrifices inputted into the Sun Temple prior to upgrading to True Sun God. The additional benefits provided by the Sun Temple are additional to the minimal Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey. Keep in mind that it is worth it to sacrifice both the Legend of the Night and The Anti-Bloon for the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, as it is overall much more powerful than all 3 original Tier 5 Super Monkeys combined.
This section includes various requirements that are frequently missed when building the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey. It also serves as a more condensed version of the steps to create an AoTVM.
- You have purchased the "There Can Only Be One" Monkey Knowledge in the Magic section.
- Monkey Knowledge is not switched off (from the Monkey Knowledge menu), and that you are not playing in CHIMPS or Sandbox mode, which automatically disables Monkey Knowledge.
- You have sacrificed at least $50,000 worth of towers in at least three categories (out of Primary, Military, Magic, Support) to the Tier 4 Sun Temple (ie. $150,000 or more total in sacrifices)
- You have sacrificed at least $50,000 worth of towers in all categories (Primary, Military, Magic, Support) to the Tier 5 True Sun God (ie. $200,000 or more total in sacrifices)
- You have purchased the Legend of the Night and The Anti-Bloon, but not within the range of sacrificing to the True Sun God.
To check if the value of each sacrifice category cost $50,000 or more, check the sell price(s) for each tower. To do so, ensure the sell prices of each category sum up to more than $35,000. However, the Better Sell Deals MK and nearby Monkey Buccaneers with Favored Trades increase the sell value (up to 95%), so add $2500 (5%) if Better Sell Deals is on, and add $5000 (10%) per nearby Favored Trades. A sell cost of $47,500 (95%) will always be guaranteed to have cost at least $50,000.
Before transforming into the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey via absorbing The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night, an Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey's sacrifices act exactly the same as the True Sun God. See the True Sun God#Sacrifices page for details regarding the sacrificing mechanics for the pre-transformed Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey.
Fully Maxed Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey
When given to an Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with maxed sacrifices (assuming the 2/2/2/2 formation, even though it's technically impossible to have a 2/2/2/2 AotVM, as Sun Temples only accept 3 of 4 sacrifice categories), the following occurs. Extra bonuses compared to True Sun God are in bold:
- +40 pierce to main attack.
- +100% attack speed to main attack.
- +15 damage to main attack, for a total of 90 damage for the main attack
- Adds 16 dark blades every 1.5 seconds, deals 75 damage, and has 20 pierce.
- Dark blades are split between 22.5° from each other.
- Adds a new dark glaive attack that fires every 0.5 sec. These dark glaives act like Glaive Ricochet glaives that bounce between the nearest bloons each time it moves. Dark glaives now have 90 damage and 50 pierce.
- +100% larger projectile size (caps at 100%)
- +100% projectile speed (caps at 100%)
- +30 pierce to all attacks
- Shoots two dark missiles every 1.0 seconds. Travels at infinite range and can deal up to 225 damage to up to 50 bloons.
- Second missile has increased projectile speed.
- Gains four dark Spectres that shoots darts and bombs every 0.15s. Darts deal 45 damage and have 10 pierce, while bombs deal 30 damage and have 30 pierce.
- First dark Spectre is set on Circle
- Second dark Spectre is set on Circle, but anti-clockwise.
- Third dark Spectre is set on Figure-Infinite
- Fourth dark Spectre is set on Figure-Eight.
- These function similarly to Ace Flight Paths
- Adds 12 homing magic shots every 2.0s, dealing 105 damage and have 7 pierce each.
- Gains a 40% chance to distract bloons with its main attack.
- Gains a forcefield attack every 5.0s that can knockback bloons up to Ceramic and MOAB. Affects up to 500 bloons.
- Adding additional sacrifices does not improve the forcefield attack; rather, the highest Magic sacrifice tier is used to determine the functionality of the forcefield attacks.
- Can spawn mini dark Sun Avatars every 15 seconds that deal 12 damage per shot and without any footprint. Because the mini dark Sun Avatars have a lifespan of 65 seconds, a maximum of 6 mini dark Sun Avatars can appear on the map at one time. There can not be more than 6 mini dark Sun Avatars as of version 22.0, as the spawn rate is no longer increased by attack speed.
- +10 range to base Temple
- 40% discount to all base cost and upgrades of all towers in range
- +4 damage, 40% attack speed bonus, +6 pierce, +40% range for all towers in range
- +$10000 end of round cash
- +100% more cash from bloons popped within range of the Temple
Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey should be the main DPS option for reaching ultra high late-game rounds, because a maxed Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey has the highest DPS on average in the entire game. It greatly benefits from every possible buff in the entire game. Besides being 3x stronger, most strategies for optimizing True Sun God can be applied to Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, with two exceptions: Legend of the Night is disabled, and the better max sacrifices is with 2(9,9)-2(9,9)-2(9,9)-1(9) sacrifices (i.e. maxed Primary, Military, and Magic on Sun Temple, plus maxed sacrifices on all categories for True Sun God).
- Unlike with a normal True Sun God, the optimal Vengeful God is a 2(9,9)-2(9,9)-2(9,9)-1(9) setup, with maxed Primary, Military, and Magic Sacrifices. As the Vengeful God has the highest damage in the game, it is preferred to make it stronger over giving it a larger support buff to other weaker towers. The player can fill the buff to other towers through another tier 4 Sun Temple with support sacrifices as well.
- Again, boosting the Vengeful God with a Permanent Brew Alchemist is highly advised as it boosts the rate of the Vengeful God's various attacks.
- Do keep in mind that Dark Avatars are considered sub-towers and therefore are not able to be directly buffed by Permanent Brew.
- However, the Avatars are able to be affected by area-of-effect buffs, such as Homeland Defense's attack speed increase.
- Do keep in mind that Dark Avatars are considered sub-towers and therefore are not able to be directly buffed by Permanent Brew.
- Use Overclocks and Ultraboosts for +66% increased attack speed. Ultraboost in particular adds a +6.67% permanent attack speed buff to the AotVM that stacks up to 10 times, on top of any Overclock abilities and any other attack speed buffs.
- Use a tier 4 Sun Temple with support sacrifices to boost the power of the Vengeful Temple and your other late game support.
- To make the tower attack even faster, you can place a 3xx Super Monkey on water using a x3x Arctic Wind ice monkey. Upgrading it to a 4xx turns it into a water tower, as it sacrifices the ice monkey and it continues to sit on the water. Because it becomes a water tower, it gets the passive attack speed buff from Carrier Flagship and Admiral Brickell's level 3 ability.
- It is difficult to conclude the better Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey crosspath, but 5-2-0 arguably allows its powerful sunbeam attacks to be utilized more often to follow the stronger bloons, and the Support Sacrifices benefits can extend across a wider range. 5-0-2 can be useful for bonus knockback because of the incredible pierce of the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, but arguably 5-2-0 compensates for the lack of added knockback by combatting BADs better, while other upgrades can handle the DDTs in other ways.
- While it can easily solo to round 100 with no problem, it is incapable of popping Golden Bloons. Any attempt to have it pop the Golden Bloon will result in the Golden Bloon jumping to the end rapidly due to the invulnerability when the Golden Bloon gets hit.
- Purchasing the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey beyond the final round is recommended if Golden Bloons are to be farmed. Instead, use the standard Golden Bloon popping strategies to pop the Golden Bloon (see Golden Bloon (BTD6) #Countering for more info).
- Its known among the community as 5-5-5 Super Monkey, due to fact when existing, neither Anti-Bloon or Legend of the Night can be bought, it doesnt share their abilities but rather triples its strength of its attacks.
- Even in co-op games that allow for multiple Tier 5 towers as long as they are from different players, only one Vengeful Monkey can be created at a time.
- Even though it is not possible to use Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey in Sandbox Mode, it is possible to "test" an Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey on Challenge Editor.
- If created with Adora in its range, Adora will also undergo a transformation and turn into colors matching that of the Vengeful Monkey, and gain a powerful strength boost.
- The design of the Vengeful Monkey temple may be based on the other 5th tiers of the Super Monkey; the red eyes and metallic body come from the Anti-Bloon, and the dark color tone comes from the Legend of The Night
- The mini Dark Sun Avatar artwork actually smiles instead of making a tilted frown.
- In the sprite files of the game, it says that it is a 5-5-5 True Sun God. Every texture that involves the Vengeful Avatar is indicated as "TrueSunGod555" as the normal True Sun God is called "TrueSunGod5xx"
- Its projectiles sprites are also said to be "555" but the normal True Sun God doesn't say.
- Prior to Version 14.0, the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey's mini Dark Sun Avatars would deal just over 50× more damage than a normal mini Sun Avatar (specifically from 1 damage per shot to 51 damage per shot). Rohan stated that this was a bug, and this unusual damage buff was replaced by a much weaker damage buff since Version 14.0.
- The Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey seems to be a successor to the Temple of the Vengeful Monkey From Bloons TD 5.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), Pirate Lord, Support Chinook (and by extent Special Poperations), and Jungle's Bounty. It has yet to be fully implemented for Spirit of the Forest (ability only), and Sun Temple and True Sun God / Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with Support sacrifices.
- Specifically, the income-per-pop part is not yet implemented, but the end-of-round cash has, however.