|“||The more bloons there are, the more damage it does!||”|
|~ Official BTD6 description|
Avatar of Wrath is the final upgrade of Path 3 for the Druid. It allows the Druid to shoot twice as fast and shoots slightly further, as well as deal more damage the more bloons there are on screen. It costs $38,250 on Easy, $45,000 on Medium, $48,600 on Hard and $54,000 on Impoppable.
Initially, the Avatar of Wrath gains +3 damage, 50% reload buff or 200% attack speed and +5 range, for a total for 4 damage, 0.55 reload speed and 50 range. In addition, the Avatar of Wrath attack gains +1 damage for every 3000 RBE on screen, up to a maximum of +30 damage at 90000 RBE.
Visually, the Avatar of Wrath appears to have three stages of wrath. It throws black bolts at its initial stage, red bolts at its second stage, orange bolts at its third stage, and at its final stage of wrath, it throws golden bolts.
The chart below shows how much RBE is needed to reach each visual stage of 'wrath'. Note that even when the Avatar of Wrath has reached the 4th tier of wrath, it is still able to increase its damage as it has not reached its actual cap (which is +30 damage at 90000 RBE).
|'Wrath' Stage||RBE Threshold|
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Avatar of Wrath is extremely powerful when buffed and supported with the right combinations of towers, but is very weak on its own and tends to fail if certain towers interfere with the defense. It depends a suitable combination of support towers in order to become capable of single-handedly wiping out Rounds 81-100 with ease. Like the description for the Avatar of Wrath upgrade, "The more bloons there are, the more damage it does!", it is most effective when there is more bloon health in the round. Certain types of support towers may actually worsen its performance overall, and as such those towers should be avoided if utilizing the Avatar of Wrath to the max.
The Avatar of Wrath becomes very powerful when supported by increased pierce and increased attack speed. When supported by a high-level Obyn Greenfoot, 5 nearby Poplusts, and a Stronger Stimulant Alchemist, it is able to shred Round 98 with ease on most maps. Avatar of Wrath requires Monkey Intelligence Bureau to pop Leads, which would allow it to wipe out DDT rounds too if supported by slows such as MOAB Glue or Bloon Sabotage.
However, it becomes much weaker when using support towers that reduce HP of incoming bloons such as Unstable Concoction or Shattering Shells. Because those support towers drop total HP of bloons on screen, they will weaken the damage of each Avatar of Wrath thorn, which in turn do more harm than good for the defense. Unstable Concoction in particular may produce large swarms of Super Ceramics from exploded blimps, which may cause the entire defense to become overwhelmed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended to have 5 Poplust Druids around the Avatar since they will increase attack speed by 15% each, granting up to an additional 75% attack speed.
- Level 2+ Obyn Greenfoot is recommended for the extra pierce as the whole Path 3 does not gain any pierce buff and hitting more bloons with a powerful bolt is very important for group MOAB-class bloons popping power.
- Permanent Brew is also recommended as it shoots too quickly, with extra pierce, range, attack speed and damage buff each bolts gets even stronger.
- With pierce buff from other sources, it is better to get Thorn Swarm, without them it is better to get Hard Thorns. As Hard Thorns can potentially hit 10 bloons but Thorn Swarm benefits more from other buffs.
- The Heart of Thunder upgrade is not very useful for the Avatar of Wrath, as the lightning attacks are not affected by the special increased damage scaling, and each lightning bolt only deals 1 damage each, a rather insignificant amount of damage compared to its much more powerful thorn attacks.
- The ramping attack speed and damage is based on the RBE on the screen, not the actual number of bloons. This means that strong singular bloons will have the same effect as many weaker bloons with an equal RBE.
- The power it gains allows the Druid to tear through rushes of Ceramics or Rainbows as eventually, especially if there are multiple Z.O.M.Gs or a B.A.D on the screen, it gains enough damage to instantly destroy them.
- The thorns cannot pop lead bloons or DDTs without an MIB or other form of lead-popping grant (such as Acidic Mixture Dip or Level 4+ Gwendolin) for assistance.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Wrath Stages[edit | edit source]
Projectiles[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A red, electrical aura will appear around the Avatar depending on how much RBE is on the screen and what 'stage' it is at.
- It appears to shoot black and red lightning bolts rather than thorns along with throwing off electricity when at full 'wrath'.
- A single B.A.D can trigger the final stage of wrath, since its RBE is 55,760 regardless of per-round health ramping. However, it doesn't deal max damage until 90,000 RBE.