|“||Artillery battery upgrades to 3 barrels for incredibly fast attacks.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Artillery Battery is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Mortar Monkey to gain three barrels, allowing it to attack 4x faster (rather than 3x like in previous versions), attacking once every 0.27s. It deals extra damage to Ceramics (+3), Leads (+1), Fortified (+1), MOAB-class (+1), and stunned bloons (+2), because it inherits properties from Heavy Shells.
It costs $4,675 on Easy, $5,500 on Medium, $5,940 on Hard, and $6,600 on Impoppable.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Artillery Battery now features three black barrels on the Mortar, each barrel with two yellow stripes each. On the official artwork, the monkey operating the Mortar is angrily trying to push a button while jumping up.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Artillery Battery is a strong option for popping various bloon types throughout the mid-game. It has decent pierce, allowing it to be useful at moderately dense bloons, but at the same time it can deal good damage versus MOAB-class bloons. With the 2-4-0 crosspath, it can be an effective option at handling various non-camo bloon types. However, the majority of its high-damage potential often relies on intense Mortar micromanagement, making it more of a hassle compared to alternate options.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use the 2-4-0 crosspath, for the greater damage. The 0-4-2 upgrade deals poor damage, and the decreased projectile deviation from Increased Accuracy generally isn't as worth compared to the larger blast radius from Bigger Blast.
- Mortar micromanagement will optimize its performance greatly.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Artillery Battery attack speed bonus increased (3x --> 4x)
- Artillery Battery description updated.
- "as 'triple pain' doesn't describe 4x attack speed very well"
- Description was changed from "Artillery battery has 3 barrels for triple the pain." to "Artillery Battery upgrades to 3 barrels for incredibly fast attacks."
- Explosion random deviation radius increased (18 --> 30)
- Attack speed decreased (0.2695s --> 0.27s), due to Mortar Monkey attack speed reworks
- Reverted random deviation radius change
- Artillery Battery now (correctly) benefits from Increased Accuracy
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, Artillery battery is the only Path-2 Tier-4 tower without an ability.