|“||Special AP darts gain increased damage and popping power, plus additional damage to MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Armor Piercing Darts is the fourth upgrade in the 3rd Path for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. It increases the amount of overall damage to MOAB-class bloons through its main darts and airburst darts. The main homing darts fired by the Monkey Sub deal +1 damage to all bloons as well as deal another +2 bonus damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, for 2 damage and 4 damage respectively. Its Airburst Darts only deal +1 damage to MOAB-class bloons, but just this one damage buff alone makes this upgrade become a formidable force against MOAB-class bloons.
It costs $2,550 on Easy, $3,000 on Medium, $3,240 on Hard and $3,600 on Impoppable.
Armor Piercing Darts, like its preceding and following upgrades, all benefit greatly from having essentially infinite range. Armor Piercing Darts specializes primarily on dealing great damage versus MOAB-class bloons, and as such is a good option against early MOABs. However, the extra base on-hit damage plus extra airburst dart pierce allows it to perform well against regular bloons too.
Do note that to become a top-tier early-midgame tower, it relies heavily on the pierce and damage given from Alchemist buffs.
- When combined with other Armor Piercing Darts Subs and a Sub Commander, it becomes a powerful anti-MOAB force, even in later stages of the game.
- Armor Piercing Darts is highly effective at beating Round 40. When targeting single-target MOABs, it can deal up to 10 damage to blimps per shot, 4 from the main dart, and 2 each from the three airburst darts.
- For most occasions, use a 2-0-4 Armor Piercing Darts over a 0-2-4 Armor Piercing Darts, as the Advanced Intel becomes incredibly helpful for seeking bloons over a wide range, as opposed to the +3 pierce to its main dart via Barbed Darts or the lead-popping from Heat-Tipped Darts.
- Pair with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant for greater performance, particularly for utilizing the airburst darts.
Version History (BTD6)
Armor Piercing Darts main dart damage increased (1 → 2). Main dart and Airbursts deal x2 to MOABs for a total of 4 damage on initial hit with 2 damage Airbursts.
Armor Piercing Darts now properly rocks in the water
Armor Piercing Darts airburst dart pierce decreased (6 --> 5)
- Despite being "Armor Piercing Darts", it does not provide lead-popping power.
- Armor Piercing Darts is based upon armor-piercing shells.
- Armor Piercing Darts is spelled with American spelling.
- The old description used to be "Special AP darts inflict more damage to MOAB-Class Bloons.", but has since changed to include the Version 7.0 buff. This change has been confirmed as of Version 18.0.