|“||Special AP darts gain increased damage and popping power, plus additional damage to MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Armor Piercing Darts is the fourth upgrade in the 3rd Path for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. It increases the amount of overall damage to MOAB-class bloons through its main darts and airburst darts. The main homing darts fired by the Monkey Sub deal +1 damage to all bloons as well as deal another +2 bonus damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, for 2 damage and 4 damage respectively. Its Airburst Darts only deal +1 damage to MOAB-class bloons, but just this one damage buff alone makes this upgrade become a formidable force against MOAB-class bloons.
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3,000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard and $3600 on Impoppable.
- When combined with other Armor Piercing Darts Subs and a Sub Commander, it becomes a massive Anti-MOAB force, even in later stages of the game.
- Armor Piercing Darts is highly effective at beating Round 40. When targeting single-target MOABs, it can deal up to 10 damage to blimps per shot, 4 from the main dart, and 2 each from the three airburst darts.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Armor Piercing Darts main dart damage increased (1 → 2). Main dart and Airbursts deal x2 to MOABs for a total of 4 damage on initial hit with 2 damage Airbursts.
Armor Piercing Darts now properly rocks in the water
Armor Piercing Darts airburst dart pierce decreased (6 --> 5)
- Despite being "Armor Piercing Darts", it cannot pop Leads or DDTs without lead-popping power.
- Armor Piercing Darts is based upon armor-piercing shells.
- Armor Piercing Darts is spelled with American spelling.
- The purpose of armor piercing shells are to defeat heavy armor like the metal on lead bloons, not to do increased damage. Using armor piercing shells on thin armor will result in overpenetration.
- The old description used to be "Special AP darts inflict more damage to MOAB-Class Bloons.", but has since changed to include the Version 7.0 buff. This change has been confirmed as of Version 18.0.