|“||Special AP darts gain increased damage and popping power, plus additional damage to MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Armor Piercing Darts is the fourth upgrade in the 3rd Path for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. It increases the amount of overall damage to MOAB-class bloons through its main darts and airburst darts. The main homing darts fired by the Monkey Sub deal +1 damage to all bloons as well as deal another +2 bonus damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, for 2 damage and 4 damage respectively. Its Airburst Darts only deal +1 damage to MOAB-class bloons, but just this one damage buff alone makes this upgrade become a formidable force against MOAB-class bloons.
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3,000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard and $3600 on Impoppable.
Armor Piercing Darts specializes primarily on dealing great damage versus MOAB-class bloons, and as such is a good option against early MOABs. However, the extra base on-hit damage plus extra airburst dart pierce allows it to perform well against regular bloons too.
- When combined with other Armor Piercing Darts Subs and a Sub Commander, it becomes a massive anti-MOAB force, even in later stages of the game.
- Armor Piercing Darts is highly effective at beating Round 40. When targeting single-target MOABs, it can deal up to 10 damage to blimps per shot, 4 from the main dart, and 2 each from the three airburst darts.
- For most occasions, use a 2-0-4 Armor Piercing Darts over a 0-2-4 Armor Piercing Darts, as the Advanced Intel becomes incredibly helpful for seeking bloons over a wide range, as opposed to the +3 pierce to its main dart via Barbed Darts or the lead-popping from Heat-Tipped Darts.
- Pair with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant for greater performance, particularly for utilizing the airburst darts.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Armor Piercing Darts main dart damage increased (1 → 2). Main dart and Airbursts deal x2 to MOABs for a total of 4 damage on initial hit with 2 damage Airbursts.
Armor Piercing Darts now properly rocks in the water
Armor Piercing Darts airburst dart pierce decreased (6 --> 5)
- Despite being "Armor Piercing Darts", it cannot pop Leads or DDTs without lead-popping power.
- Armor Piercing Darts is based upon armor-piercing shells.
- Armor Piercing Darts is spelled with American spelling.
- The old description used to be "Special AP darts inflict more damage to MOAB-Class Bloons.", but has since changed to include the Version 7.0 buff. This change has been confirmed as of Version 18.0.