In BTD6, this upgrade makes a return as the third upgrade of Path 2. However, it no longer has unlimited slowing power. On the other hand, it also adds the capability of allowing land towers within its radius to be placed on water. This includes Sun Temples and the True Sun God, which do not collapse into the water, apparently. It costs $5525 (?) on Easy, $6500 (?) on Medium, $TBA on Hard, $TBA on Impoppable.
One of the best ways to use this tower is to use it against hordes of bloons. Even the bloons that can't be frozen will be slowed down to let the other towers do their work.
In BTD5, another great way to use this tower is to place it next to a Monkey Intelligence Bureau to let it freeze anything. If the Bureau has also got Jungle Drums, then the Arctic Wind will be able to continually freeze all bloons that come near it, apart from M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. To rectify the problem, move or sell and replace towers away from the tower, or place the MIB in range of any towers that cannot normally pop frozen bloons.
Another great strategy with this tower is to combine it at a chokepoint with a Ring of Fire: Even though the freeze effect will kind of be denied by the flames, the 33% speed bloons will take three times as long to pass through the Ring of Fire and thus get popped extremely fast. On top of this, the Ring of Fire will not remove the freeze effect from frozen ceramic bloons until the entire Ceramic layer is popped.
- Even though the Arctic Wind slows Camo Bloons in Bloons TD 4, it can't attack them (unless it is in the range of a Sonar Beacon).
- In BTD5, under the effects of Monkey Intelligence Bureau or with Specialty building, an Arctic Wind can pop infinite Regen Ceramics.
- In Bloons TD 4, Arctic Wind does not slow down Whites and Zebras.
- In Bloons TD 5, an Arctic Wind combined with a Tier 3 Ice Fortress will pop Ceramic Bloons right where they were first frozen. This includes Regrowth Bloons and Camo Bloons if the Arctic Wind has Camo detection.
- In Bloons Monkey City, Camo Bloons are not slowed down when in radius of the tower. However, Cleansing Foam, Signal Flare, and Anti-Camo Dust can remove the camouflage status from bloons, allowing the Arctic Wind tower to slow them down.
- In BTD5, Arctic Wind can still slow down Camo when it is under the Radar Scanner, even if the Village is then sold.
- It is not advised to use this upgrade on its own against Regrow Rainbows.
- Ice can't pop White and Zebra Bloons, so they regrow into Rainbows and the game will start to lag really bad after 10 seconds, and the game will eventually crash. Even if the game doesn't lag, the defense will get overwhelmed.
- In BTD6, it will create a ice platform to put land towers in water. It can be really useful in maps with lots of water. If the Arctic Wind is sold, everything on top of its ice platform will be sold as well.