|“||A true master of magical wizardry.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Archmage is the fifth tier upgrade in Path 1 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Wizard Monkey to shoot twice as fast as Arcane Spike and with +4 pierce (10 in total), as well as increasing the damage dealt to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons to 24 per shot while dealing 7 damage to all other bloon types. Additionally, it can use Dragon's Breath (also applies burn effect, 1 layer per 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds) and Shimmer (with bigger range than the actual upgrade) in his attacks, however, it cannot use the upgrades that are below the 2 aforementioned upgrades. (e.g. Archmage can use Dragon's Breath, but cannot use Fireball or Wall of Fire unless upgraded to use them).
- It is better off use a 5/0/2 Archmage instead of a 5/2/0 Archmage. This is because although it comes with a Shimmer that decamoizes bloons, the +5 pierce from Intense Magic makes the overall damage out become far better than just adding additional Fireball and Wall of Fire attacks. With the +5 pierce to the magical bolts, they become far more powerful at wiping out multitudes of blimps.
- On most occasions, the position of where the Archmage is placed should be based on track coverage, although preferably one where there is also a straight line around to make good use of the seeking curves.
- Archmage can use its own Shimmer to decamo nearby bloons, but it is often still worthwhile to add Monkey Sense regardless, as Shimmer has a delay.
- One 5/0/2 Archmage excels at popping up DDT layers with relative ease on its own, though good Ceramic popping power is needed to clean up the remains.
- It's worth noting that the Dragon's Breath attack cannot pass through walls, even though its bolt attack can. If possible, place the Archmage at a spot that allows the Dragon's Breath to become optimized, as the Dragon's Breath attack can deal a lot of overall damage.
- Archmage is useful for the 2TC challenge when paired with Apache Prime. Also, Archmage can work with Blooncineration, Tsar Bomba and even Captain Churchill, though those 3 aren't recommended for the achievement.
Archmage adds more pierce (+0 -> +4, 10 in total).
Archmage's Dragon's Breath attack range is now (correctly) correspondent to the Archmage's current range.
- During the 2.0 update, the Archmage recieved a major pierce and damage buff to MOAB-Class Bloons and Ceramic Bloons.
- In the upgrade icon it shows the wizard holding the staff in its right hand but the actual tower holds it in the left hand.