|“||Faster attacks with increased range, damage, and popping power.||”|
Arcane Mastery is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It enhances all four major attack buffs for the Wizard Monkey: attack speed, damage, range, and pierce. With this upgrade, the pierce of its magic bolts is increased by +4 (7 without Intense Magic, 12 with Intense Magic), damage increased from 2 to 3, and are shot twice as fast (every 0.55s). The range for the Wizard Monkey is now substantially larger, boosting its range by +50% (+20 range to be precise).
It costs $1,105 on Easy, $1,300 on Medium, $1,405 on Hard, $1,560 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Arcane Mastery is a rather cost-effective tower that both cleans up bloons decently and can ignore Line of Sight. When paired with Monkey Sense, the 3-0-2 Wizard Monkey becomes an excellent source of anti-Camo popping power until Round 45, where it may eventually begin to struggle against the Camo Purples on Rounds 45 and 48, as well as the Camo Ceramics on Round 51. Until then, it serves as a great secondary attacking tower alongside more powerful offensive towers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Invest in a 3-0-2 Wizard Monkey over a 3-2-0 Wizard Monkey, as the bolt possess poor pierce, and the succeeding upgrade Arcane Spike allows the popping of lead bloons, leaving the fireball attack near redundant and the benefits of Intense Magic more important. Built-in camo detection is also quite useful.
- One 3-0-2 Arcane Mastery can easily solo most camo bloon rounds until Round 45, where it cannot affect Camo Purples.
- It is a useful cleanup tower against weaker bloon types, especially when paired with Path 3 crosspaths.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Arcane Mastery now adds more pierce (0 -> +4, 6 in total)
Arcane Mastery bolt has more pierce (6 --> 7, from base Wizard buff)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The one-off in-game purchase that instantly unlocks Level 30 (and subsequently Monkey Knowledge Points) features a knowledge book icon similar to the Arcane Mastery upgrade icon.
- Arcane Mastery wears a pair of opaque purple stockings.
- Before Version 18.0 or so (at least discovered in Version 18.0 that it changed), the upgrade description for Arcane Mastery formerly was "Attacks much faster over much longer range." This was changed to accommodate the extra stats that Arcane Mastery receives.
- Until Version 3.0, Arcane Mastery was required for the Wizard Monkey to ignore Line of Sight.