|“||The Apache Prime leaves most Bloons wishing they'd never been inflated.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Apache Prime is the final upgrade on Path 1 for the Heli Pilot in BTD6. It is a much more powerful version of Apache Dartship. It costs $38,250 on Easy, $45,000 on Medium, $48,600 on Hard, and $54,000 on Impoppable.
The upgrade replaces the Apache Dartship's dart weapons with lasers and plasma. Its base Quad Dart projectiles are replaced with lasers and its deadly frontal machine gun is replaced with a rapid-fire plasma cannon. The lasers and plasma cannon now have 23 and 11 pierce respectively, and strip 6 and 5 layers per shot instead of 1 for both, before Monkey Knowledge boosts are applied. Its homing missiles deal an additive 15 damage (total 17 from 2 damage) to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons as well. The plasma machine gun cannot pop purples, the rockets cannot pop blacks, but the laser attack can pop all bloons.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Apache Prime is an excellent late-game tower that features in many CHIMPS runs due to its sheer power against most types of rounds. Its shortcomings are usually dampened by adding support towers. Its largest weakness on paper is in fact DDTs, which its rockets do not damage, along with the inability to fully use its decent pierce due to the tendency of DDTs to be spaced and fast. These issues are usually solved with the addition of support. Its largest weakness in practice is affording it, as Apache Dartship can struggle against many mid-late rounds on harder maps and without a properly planned strategy. It is recommended to micro the Apache Prime to good positions if you are able to/need to.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Overclock is a premier partner of Apache Prime, as it greatly increases its power for a fairly cheap price. It reduces the reliance of Prime on other supports as well.
- Although Apache Prime struggles little against MOAB-class and Super Ceramics, Bloon Sabotage and MOAB Glue are both very good choices for slowing down bloons, especially on shorter maps. In addition, these upgrades can also be useful to help on non-DDT rounds where the Apache Prime just does not have enough time to kill the bloons on certain tracks.
- While Bigger Jets does help remedy the Apache Prime's issue of failing to catch up with Super Ceramics, but it loses out on popping power compared to Faster Firing.
- If you cannot micro the Apache Prime, leaving it on Pursuit still allows it to do its job, albeit it will not be a truly optimised use of the Apache Prime.
- Surprisingly, 3-0-2 Sun Avatar (with Knockback and Ultravision) can be used as a partner for Apache Prime. It helps to avoid the awkward midgame Apache Dartship can have while continuing to support Prime for DDTs, which is its largest weakness.
- Apache Prime performs the best on long length maps due to its global range, particularly taking great advantage on typically considered difficult maps like High Finance or Infernal. It also performs very well on Geared for similar reasons.
- See Apache Dartship for more strategies during the process of affording Apache Prime.
Update History[edit | edit source]
Increased movement speed
The main plasma cannon gained +1 damage and +1 pierce
Machine gun damage increased (3 → 5)
MOAB rocket damage increased (11 → 16)
4xx Apache Dartship price increased from $16400 to $19500, increasing cumulative price of Apache Prime.
4xx Apache Dartship price increased from $19500 to $19600, increasing cumulative price of Apache Prime.
Base Heli Pilot cost increased ($1500 --> $1600), increasing cumulative price of Apache Prime.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Projectiles[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Note that while the lasers and plasma have more pierce and damage than the basic darts, they cannot hit Purple Bloons. On the other hand, Purple Bloons can still be popped due to the Razor Rotors upgrade and the missile array.
- In the upgrade artwork, the Apache Prime appears to be deploying flares in the angel formation, made famous by the AC130 gunship (otherwise known as the Spectre).
- In Version 1.6 of the game, there used to be a glitch that caused the Apache Prime to be extremely powerful, firing its frontal plasma cannon at roughly five times the speed. All its projectiles seemingly did double damage as well. The cause of this glitch is unknown, as it only triggered on certain devices.
- Due to its decent early and high late game power, the Apache Prime has been used in a variety of 2 Tower CHIMPS, most notably being paired with Archmage, Pre-Emptive Strike, Wizard Lord Phoenix and Prince of Darkness. In addition, Apache Prime benefits disproportionately from long length maps due to its global range.
- The above 2 Tower CHIMPS are frequently considered some of the easiest to execute on Logs.