|“||The Apache Prime leaves most Bloons wishing they'd never been inflated.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Apache Prime is the final upgrade on Path 1 for the Heli Pilot in BTD6. It is a much more powerful version of Apache Dartship. It costs $38,250 on Easy, $45,000 on Medium, $48,600 on Hard, and $54,000 on Impoppable.
The upgrade replaces the Apache Dartship's dart weapons with lasers and plasma. Its base Quad Dart projectiles are replaced with lasers and its deadly frontal machine gun is replaced with a rapid-fire plasma cannon. The lasers and plasma cannon now have 23 and 11 pierce respectively, and strip 2 and 5 layers per shot instead of 1 respectively, before Monkey Monkey Knowledge boosts are applied. Its homing missiles now deal 16 times damage to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons as well.
- Like most fast firing towers, it is ill-advised to pair this tower with a 4/x/x Alchemist since the Alchemist nerf will make Berserker Brew/Stronger Stimulant wear out far too quickly. To boost its popping power and damage output one should use a 5/x/x Alchemist.
- Due to this tower's relatively low pierce but high damage output (similar to towers such as the Robo-Monkey), it is advised to use the Apache Prime as a form of MOAB popping power. It should be paired with towers with excellent bloon popping power such as the Spectre.
- Since it already moves very fast, it is better off using a 5-0-2 Apache Prime than a 5-2-0 Apache Prime, since increasing its attack speed is a more important asset than in-built camo detection. Placing a Radar Scanner beside the Heli Pilot is a more recommended choice.
Increased Movement speed
The main plasma cannon has +1 damage and +1 pierce
Machine gun damage increased 3->5
MOAB rocket damage increased 11->16
- Note that while the lasers and plasma have more pierce and damage than the basic darts, they cannot hit Purple Bloons. On the other hand, Purple Bloons can still be popped due to the Razor Rotors upgrade and the missile array.
- In the upgrade artwork, the Apache Prime appears to be deploying flares in the angel formation, made famous by the AC130 gunship (otherwise known as the Spectre).
- While in 'Pursuit' targeting mode, the Apache Prime has a high chance to miss its shots as the projectiles are spawned slightly in front of the helicopter, often missing against larger bloons such as the B.A.D. or Z.O.M.G.
- In Version 1.6 of the game, there used to be a glitch that caused the Apache Prime to be extremely powerful, firing its frontal plasma cannon at roughly five times the speed. All its projectiles seemingly did double damage as well. The cause of this glitch is unknown, as it only triggered on certain devices.
- A 5-2-0 Apache Prime will defeat a B.A.D. by itself, although the speed of which is much increased if it is upgraded to 5-0-2 and some other form of removing or allowing it to pop Camo is used.