|“||Adds a large missile array and powerful machine guns.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Apache Dartship is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Heli Pilot in BTD6. In BTD6, this upgrade adds four homing missiles with infinite range and a powerful machine gun for the upgraded helicopter. The regular Quad Darts attack is retained. The machine gun darts have 1 damage, 5 pierce and are fired every 0.05 seconds. The 4 rockets have 2 damage and 40 pierce and are fired every 1.0 seconds.
It costs $16,660 on Easy, $19,600 on Medium, $21,170 on Hard, and $23,520 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Apache Dartship is usually used as a stepping stone up to the extremely powerful Apache Prime. The 4-0-2 Dartship will usually solo midgame until round 81 on single path maps with the help of a 2-2-0 village. It is very important to manage support and costs so you can afford Apache Prime before round 81 as the Dartship tends to struggle against super ceramics.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The 4-0-2 Apache Dartship generally is better than the 4-2-0 Apache Dartship due to the increased attack speed.
- Although it is decently powerful even when set on Pursuit, it will be a lot more effective if you manually move the Apache, so as to control directions for all its attacks on especially harder mid-game rounds.
Update History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Cost decreased ($20,000 → $15,000)
Cost increased ($15,000 → $19,500)
Rocket damage increased (1 → 2)
Machine gun fire rate increased by 25%
Cost increased ($19,500 → $19,600)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade is somewhat similar to the Spectre, as both shoot some type of explosives and darts.
- The Apache Dartship is a reference to the AH-64 Apache, a military helicopter which is still in use today.
- Apache Dartship's missiles have infinite range, unlike the dart attacks.
- Prior to Version 8.0, Apache Dartship was often used to easily beat Deflation. However, it was rebalanced that update to deal more damage, but at a higher cost. Soon after, a strategy involving Monkey Knowledge and Village discounting was developed, allowing for an Apache to still be purchased with only $55 left. This was fixed in version 9.0 with a $100 price increase.