|“||Adds a large missile array and a powerful machine gun.||”|
|~ Official Bloons TD 5 Mobile description.|
|“||Adds a large missile array and powerful machine guns.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Apache Dartship is the final upgrade on the first path for the Heli Pilot in Bloons TD 5, and the 4th upgrade of Path 1 in BTD6. This upgrade adds four homing missiles with infinite range and a powerful machine gun to the Heli Pilot. The regular Quad Darts attack is retained.
In BTD5, this upgrade costs $14875 on Easy, $17500 on Medium, $18900 on Hard, and $21000 on Impoppable.
In BTD6, it costs $16,660 on Easy, $19,600 on Medium, $21,170 on Hard, and $23,520 on Impoppable. The machine gun darts have 1 damage, 5 pierce and are fired every 0.05 seconds. The 4 rockets have 2 damage and 40 pierce and are fired every second.
Apache Dartship is usually used as a stepping stone up to the extremely power Apache Prime. It usually will solo midgame but it is good to be wary since it begins to lose traction following Round 60. It is very important to manage support and costs so you can afford Apache Prime in time as the Dartship tends to grow weaker nearing the 80s.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Apache Dartship price decreased ($17500 → $14000).
Update History (BTD6)Edit
Cost decreased ($20,000 → $15,000)
Cost increased ($15,000 → $19,500)
Rocket damage increased (1 → 2)
Machine gun fire rate increased by 25%
Cost increased ($19,500 → $19,600)
- This upgrade is somewhat similar to the Spectre, as both shoot some type of explosives and darts.
- Apache Dartships become less powerful if used in packs, as they can push each other out of the way.
- The Apache Dartship is a reference to the AH-64 Apache, a military helicopter which is still in use today.
- In Bloons TD 5, Two Apache Dartships can easily beat the MOAB Madness special mission.
- The in-game Apache Dartship has no visible rocket launchers on the sides but still shoots missiles.
- The artwork shows missiles on the wingtips, however.
- Apache Dartship's missiles have infinite range, unlike the dart attacks.
- If set in a location where only its missiles fire, every time it fires its central gun spins, possibly implying they fire from there, however this is unlikely, as the missiles appear to originate from central gatling gun and the twin guns on each side of the main cannon.
- The Apache Dartship is the fastest dart-shooting tower in the whole game (without ability boosts), as the main gun shoots every frame (60 shots per second barring lag).
- Prior to Bloons TD 6 update 8.0, Apache Dartship was often used to easily beat Deflation. However, it was rebalanced that update to deal more damage, but at a higher cost. Soon after, a strategy involving Monkey Knowledge and Village discounting was developed, allowing for an Apache to still be purchased with only $55 left. This was fixed in version 9.0 with a $100 price increase.