|“||Harnessing powers of science and magic, splashes Bloons with acid, also brews various potions with different effects.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 6 description|
The Alchemist is a Magic Class tower that first appeared in Bloons TD 6. It throws potions that slowly deal damage to Bloons over time, similar to Corrosive Glue, just without the slow effect. It cannot detect Camo Bloons without aid from other towers. The Alchemist can be upgraded to generate additional income from Bloons or to support nearby monkeys, allowing them to pop Lead Bloons and do extra damage to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. The Alchemist by itself is relatively weak and generally relies on other monkeys to truly utilize its power. Note that he can reapply his acid, refreshing the damage amount. Due to the fact that the potions can be lobbed over obstacles, the tower is able to ignore Line of Sight, and it is currently one of five non-moving towers to do so, the others being Spike Factory, Mortar Monkey, Super Monkey (Sun Temple and above), and Wizard Monkey (Guided Magic and above).
The Alchemist, like most other towers, has the appearance of a monkey, despite not having "Monkey" in the name. It wears a purple buttonless overcoat with a yellow rim and with its sleeves rolled up. It also has a pair of goggles with pink-tinted lenses and gold frames, attached by a brown strap. Strangely, the goggles are never worn directly over the Alchemist's eyes except for the Bloon Master Alchemist (x/x/5) and Unstable Concoction (x/3/x). It carries a round-bottom flask filled with red acid. In the artwork, the flask does not appear to be capped.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Path 1[edit | edit source]
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $2,912
Tier 5: $30,612
Tier 4: $3,430
Tier 5: $45,430
Tier 4: $3,707
Tier 5: $49,067
Tier 4: $4,116
Tier 5: $54,516
Tier 4: $4,160
Tier 5: $55,160
Tier 4: $4,900
Tier 5: $64,900
Tier 4: $5,295
Tier 5: $70,094
Tier 4: $5,880
Tier 5: $77,880
Path 2[edit | edit source]
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $5,222
Tier 5: $31,997
Tier 4: $6,143
Tier 5: $37,643
Tier 4: $6,636
Tier 5: $40,656
Tier 4: $7,371
Tier 5: $45,171
Tier 4: $7,460
Tier 5: $45,710
Tier 4: $8,775
Tier 5: $53,775
Tier 4: $9,480
Tier 5: $58,080
Tier 4: $10,530
Tier 5: $64,530
Path 3[edit | edit source]
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $3,213
Tier 5: $27,013
Tier 4: $3,780
Tier 5: $31,780
Tier 4: $4,085
Tier 5: $34,325
Tier 4: $4,536
Tier 5: $38,136
Tier 4: $4,590
Tier 5: $38,590
Tier 4: $5,400
Tier 5: $45,400
Tier 4: $5,835
Tier 5: $49,035
Tier 4: $6,480
Tier 5: $54,480
Version History[edit | edit source]
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]
- xx4 Rubber to Gold can now apply Rubber to Gold to all MOAB class bloons below BAD
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip now applies to the next 10 attacks rather than 9
- x3x Unstable Concoction will no longer cause MOABs to damage their own children bloons
- x3x Unstable Concoction will now take more pierce to hit MOABs of higher tiers, 2 pierce for MOAB/BFB, 4 pierce for ZOMG/DDT and 10 pierce for BADs
- 3xx Berserker Brew & 4xx Stronger Stimulant have been redesigned, they will now function in a similar fashion to Acidic Mixture Dip and expire after 30 and 50 attacks have been performed by the applied tower. The duration remains and will prevent any new brews from being applied until it ends. (Permanent Brew still works the same)
- 5xx Permabrew price reduced from $80,000 to $60,000
- x4x Transforming Tonic price reduced from $5,000 to $4,500
- x5x Total Transformation price reduced from $50,000 to $45,000
- 5xx Permabrew Acidic Mixture Dip duration increased 10 shots to infinite
- x5x Total Transformation cooldown reduced 60s to 40s
- x5x Total Transformation will no longer allow the transformed Monster Monkeys to stack other buffs (note: This seems to only apply to the Super Monkey Fan Club and Plasma Monkey Fan Club upgrades)
- x3x Unstable Concoction's % damage increase now scales until round 150
- 320 Berserker Brew buff shots per brew increased from 25 to 35
- 420 Stronger Stimulant buff shots per brew increased from 40 to 50
- 320 Berserker Brew duration increased from 5s to 6s
- 320 Berserker Brew re-application cooldown reduced from 5s to 4s
- 420 Stronger Stimulant duration increased from 12s to 13s
- 420 Stronger Stimulant re-application cooldown reduced from 5s to 4s
- 3xx Berserker Brew buff shots per brew reduced from 30 to 25
- 4xx Stronger Stimulant buff shots per brew reduced from 50 to 40
- Acid Pools and Faster Throwing upgrades are now swapped
- xx2 Acid Pools price reduced from $600 to $450
- 4xx Stronger Stimulant price increased from $2,500 to $3,000
- xx1 Faster Throwing price increased from $500 to $650
Bug fixes and other changes[edit | edit source]
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip will no longer target Obyn's Totems
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip will now allow towers to damage DDTs
- xx2 Acid pool will now place pools when the main attack misses
- xx5 Bloon Master Alchemist cannot damage BADs, it will now not attempt to target them
- xx5 Bloon Master Alchemist can no longer softlock the game by converting bloons which have been blown off-screen
- Alchemist's Acidic Mixture Dip & Berserker Brew upgrades will now target the 5xx Village
- xx1+ Acid Pools performance issues have been resolved
- Permanent Brew's buff will now save on all applied towers between games
- Acidic Mixture Dip will no longer target Obyn's Totems or any placeable powers
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip benefits subtowers by buffing their parent, so will no longer target sub towers
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip will no longer target Benjamin, 3+xx Brews will if benjamin has the Trojan attack unlocked.
- Unstable Concoction now benefits correctly from crosspathing with top and bottom paths.
- 3+xx Brews no longer apply their range buff twice.
- Total Transformation no longer changes the footprint size of towers transformed.
- xx5 Bloon Master Alchemist no longer gives too much cash when it converts bloons.
- Acidic Mixture Dip should no longer target farms.
- Acidic Mixture Dip now correctly allows Ice Monkeys to pop lead.
- xx5 Bloon Master Alchemist can no longer cause the round to prematurely end.
- Permabrew should correctly apply when reloading save again.
- 5xx Permabrew should no longer break in some cases after being sold.
- x3x and xx4 Attacks can now be thrown over obstacles.
- Alchemist buffs should no longer miss their target and buff another tower nearby.
- x5x Total Transformation should no longer cause crashes when used in a number of situations.
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip correctly applies +1 damage to Ceramics & MOABs again
- 5xx Permabrew will correctly apply bonus damage from Acidic Mixture Dip and both Brew & Dip buffs should save and load correctly
- Acidic Mixture Dip no longer allows signal flare mortars to remove camo from DDTs
- x3x Alchemist's explosion can no longer hit camo bloons
- 5xx Permabrew's buff will no longer be removed from all buffed towers when the alchemist is crosspathed
- x3x Unstable Concoction now works correctly
- 3xx Lower tier brews should no longer cancel out higher tiers from upgrading the tower's buff when they target the same tower at the same time
- Resolved an issue where Alchemist's 320 increased number of shots for Berserker Brew would read the number it should give from the wrong upgrade & give a lower number
- x4x Transforming Tonic range buff from Strong Tonic knowledge lasts the entire duration
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Lead to Gold upgrade may be a reference to an old medieval myth where court alchemists were trying to find a way to turn base metals into gold.
- The Rubber to Gold upgrade can turn Ceramic Bloons into Gold, which should technically be impossible since they are made of clay, not rubber.
- However, the description says all "bloons", and the Ceramic is a bloon.
- The Alchemist is one of four towers whose name consists of only one word, the others being Druid, Bloonchipper, and COBRA.
- In BTD2, the Boomerang Monkey was called Boomerang.
- Although ice and glue can be removed by tornadoes, the potions from Alchemist cannot.
- The concept of the Alchemist is likely inspired by the Alchemist in the popularized fan-made game Bloons TD X, although the functionalities of Alchemist in BTD6 are less offense-based and more support-based.