|“||Launches waves of fighter planes that strafe their targets and fire missiles at MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Aircraft Carrier is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. Along with keeping its old Destroyer attacks, Aircraft Carrier now comes with three mini aircraft planes that rapidly shoot darts radially and forwards as well as regularly shooting anti-MOAB missiles similarly to the Fighter Plane upgrade. These anti-MOAB missiles are shot every 3.0s per plane, deal 15 damage, have 3 pierce, and has a blast radius of 30.
Because of how large the Aircraft Carrier is, it can no longer be carried by Support Chinooks.
It costs $6,375 on Easy, $7,500 on Medium, $8,100 on Hard, and $9,000 on Impoppable.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Aircraft Carrier upgrades into a stationary aircraft carrier with a singular runway. It will not rotate whenever it attacks, but it will still shoot its main Destroyer attacks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If possible, crosspath the Aircraft Carrier with 4-1-0 for the added grape attack, which will allow it to perform much more damage overall. If lead-popping is required, or extra napalm is a useful addition, go for 4-2-0. 4-0-2 Aircraft Carrier is still a very viable choice if there are many camo bloons on screen. 4-0-1 Aircraft Carrier is also useful for the increased projectile speed for all of the aircraft projectiles.
- Similar to Destroyer, pair with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant for much improved overall damage, especially for a 4-1-0 or 4-2-0 Destroyer. This is particularly good at enhancing the relatively low pierce of the fast-shooting grape attacks. Assume that this is simply for the main Destroyer attacks though, since Alchemist buffs will have no effect for the mini planes, as all Alchemist buffs cannot affect sub-towers.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Aircraft Carrier aces now have more pierce per dart (5 (?) --> 9)
Now maintains the fire rate of its previous upgrade.
Aircraft Carrier costs less ($9,000 --> $7,500)
4xx Aircraft Carrier planes each gain a homing MOAB missile with an attack rate of 3s, Radius 30, Pierce 3, Damage 15.
- 4xx Aircraft Carrier's forward dart projectile radius increased by 2
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When BTD6 was first released, the Aircraft Carrier upgrade costed $9,000, just like in the latest version of Bloons TD Battles Flash.
- In Bloons TD 6, the Aircraft Carrier's profile shows 2 guns below the deck, even though they are not used in the game.
- As of Version 12.0, the BTD6 Aircraft Carrier upgrade costs half of the BTD5 Aircraft Carrier upgrade's cost.
- Its old description was "Launches waves of fighter planes that strafe the Bloons." but this was changed as of Version 18.0 due to the new anti-MOAB missile attacks.
- In BTD6, an Aircraft Carrier's range is the same size as the Destroyer's range. Unlike in BTD5, this upgrade does not grant Advanced Intel infinite range.
- Unlike in BTD5, the Aircraft Carrier retains the Destroyer's attacks.