|“||Launches waves of fighter planes that strafe their targets and fire missiles at MOAB class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Aircraft Carrier is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. Along with keeping its old Destroyer attacks, Aircraft Carrier now comes with three mini aircraft planes that rapidly shoot darts radially and forwards as well as regularly shooting anti-MOAB missiles similarly to the Fighter Plane upgrade. These anti-MOAB missiles are shot every 3.0s per plane, deal 15 damage, have 3 pierce, and has a blast radius of 30. The darts from the mini Aces pop up to 9 bloons per dart and deal 1 damage.
Because of how large the Aircraft Carrier is, it can no longer be carried by Support Chinooks.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Aircraft Carrier upgrades into a stationary aircraft carrier with a singular runway. It will not rotate whenever it attacks, but it will still shoot its main Destroyer attacks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
For greater mobility of damaging bloons, Aircraft Carrier is a viable option. The planes can deal high MOAB-class damage through its anti-MOAB missiles, while the darts act as a source of cleanup and extra damage. The reliability of the darts from the planes can be unreliable, and they cannot be buffed outside of external buffs such as Pat Fusty's Rallying Roar and nearby Monkey Villages.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If possible, crosspath the Aircraft Carrier with 4-1-0 for the added grape attack, which will allow it to perform much more damage overall. If lead-popping is required, or extra napalm is a useful addition, go for 4-2-0. 4-0-2 Aircraft Carrier is still a very viable choice if there are many camo bloons on screen. 4-0-1 Aircraft Carrier is also useful for the increased projectile speed for all of the aircraft projectiles.
- Similar to Destroyer, pair with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant for much improved overall damage, especially for a 4-1-0 or 4-2-0 Destroyer. This is particularly good at enhancing the relatively low pierce of the fast-shooting grape attacks. Assume that this is simply for the main Destroyer attacks though, since Alchemist buffs will have no effect for the mini planes, as all Alchemist buffs cannot affect sub-towers.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Official artwork[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When BTD6 was first released, the Aircraft Carrier upgrade costed $9,000, just like in the latest version of Bloons TD Battles Flash.
- In Bloons TD 6, the Aircraft Carrier's artwork shows 2 guns below the deck, even though they are not used in the game.
- As of Version 12.0, the BTD6 Aircraft Carrier upgrade costs half of the BTD5 Aircraft Carrier upgrade's cost.
- Its old description was "Launches waves of fighter planes that strafe the Bloons." but this was changed as of Version 18.0 due to the new anti-MOAB missile attacks.
- In BTD6, an Aircraft Carrier's range is the same size as the Destroyer's range. Unlike in BTD5, this upgrade does not grant Advanced Intel infinite range.
- Unlike in BTD5, the Aircraft Carrier retains the Destroyer's attacks.