|“||Airburst darts split into 3 on impact for massively increased popping power. Further enhances Ballistic Missile and Bloontonium Reactor.||”|
Airburst Darts is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. Upon initial impact (or after hitting main dart full pierce cap, if granted pierce bonuses), the homing dart will split into three airburst darts (4 with the Quad Burst MK). Each airburst dart can pop up to 2 bloons each (+1 with Naval Upgrades).
In addition, Airburst Darts further improves attack speed for Ballistic Missile attacks by +33% for a total of +52% attack speed, and submerged attacks from Submerge and Support and above by +33% for a total of +57% attack speed.
It costs $850 on Easy, $1,000 on Medium, $1,080 on Hard, and $1,200 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Airburst Darts upgrade is an incredible source of early-game popping power, soloing not just early grouped bloons but also early Fast Bloons, Black Bloons, and White Bloons. It pairs well with Advanced Intel to maximize its deployment of these powerful attacks.
As for the further bonus attack speed for alternate attacks provided by this upgrade, Airburst Darts is helpful for improving the performance of Ballistic Missiles within specific range, and it is helpful with Submerge Subs for much faster decamo and Reactors if faster rate of damage is desired.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade is very useful for early-game, and can solo up to Rounds 15 with ease, and can make rounds up to Round 27 much easier, especially with the Advanced Intel crosspath.
- Do add Berserker Brew nearby, as it will make all of its airburst darts much, much stronger.
- Add Airburst Darts for Ballistic Missile for extra attack speed for the missiles, which improves overall MOAB-class and Ceramic damage.
- You don't necessarily need Airburst Darts for the best decamo via Submerge and Support, but with this crosspath a 3-0-2 Submerge and Support can catch almost any camo to strip off in time.
- Adding Airburst Darts for Bloontonium Reactor creates a near solo for everything Rainbow and below.
- Use 2-0-2 Airburst Darts for the greater range coverage via Advanced Intel. 0-1-2 Airburst Darts is stronger in short-range, but this improvement is very insignificant, as the pierce buff does not affect the airbursts, only the main dart.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Airburst Darts are now affected by external buffs such as Alchemist
- Airburst Darts pierce reduced from 3 to 2.
- Airburst Darts now increases attack speed of Ballistic Missile, Submerge and Support, and Bloontonium Reactor
- Airburst Darts now grants less bonus attack speed for Upper Path 2's ballistic missiles (see Ballistic Missile or Pre-Emptive Strike for more specific info)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Projectiles[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The cost of the Airburst Darts upgrade in BTD6 on Medium Difficulty is the same as the cost of the Airburst Darts upgrade in BTDB Mobile.
- On Version 18.0, the description added additional information about the added buff to the Airburst Darts crosspathing interaction with Upper Path 1 and Upper Path 2.
- 2-0-2 Airburst Darts is one of two Tier 2 upgrades in BTD6 to have an official 2MPC, the other being 2-2-0 Super Monkey.