|“||Airburst darts split into 3 on impact for massively increased popping power.||”|
|~ Description from BTD 5 iOS|
|“||Airburst darts split into 3 on impact for massively increased popping power. Further enhances Ballistic Missile and Bloontonium Reactor.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Airburst Darts is the second upgrade on path 2 for the Monkey Sub in BTD5. It causes the darts fired by the sub to split into three as they hit their target (four with the tier 3 specialty building and Quad Burst Monkey Knowledge). This greatly increases the number of bloons that the sub can pop. This is also a rather expensive 2nd tier upgrade, even more so in BTD Battles Mobile. In BTD5, it costs $635 on Easy, $750 on Medium, $810 on Hard, and $900 on Impoppable. In BTDB Mobile, it costs $1000.
In BTD6, this upgrade returns as the second upgrade of Path 3. Again, upon initial impact (or after hitting main dart full pierce cap, if granted pierce bonuses), the homing dart will split into three airburst darts (four with the Quad Burst MK). Each airburst dart can pop up to two bloons each (+1 with Naval Upgrades). It costs $850 on Easy, $1000 on Medium, $1080 on Hard, and $1200 on Impoppable.
- This upgrade is very useful for early-game, and can solo up to Rounds 15 with ease, and can make rounds up to Round 27 much easier, especially with the Advanced Intel crosspath.
- Do add Berserker Brew nearby, as it will make all of its airburst darts much, much stronger.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
August 18, 2014 (Need what update version this was).
Airburst Darts price increased ($750 → $800).
Airburst Darts price increased ($800 → $1000).
Update History (BTD6)Edit
Airburst Darts are now affected by external buffs such as Alchemist
Airburst Darts pierce reduced from 3 to 2.
Airburst Darts now grants less bonus attack speed for Upper Path 2's ballistic missiles (see Ballistic Missile or Pre-Emptive Strike for more specific info)
- The cost of the Airburst Darts upgrade in BTD6 on Medium Difficulty is the same as the cost of the Airburst Darts upgrade in BTDB Mobile.
- On Version 18.0, the description was changed entirely because of the added buff to the Airburst Darts crosspathing interaction with Upper Path 1 and Upper Path 2.
- 2-0-2 Airburst Darts is one of two Tier 2 upgrades in BTD6 to have an official 2MPC, the other being 2-2-0 Super Monkey.