|“||Allows Dartling Gunner to hit Camo Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Advanced Targeting is the first upgrade of Path 2 for the Dartling Gunner in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Dartling Gunner to pop Camo Bloons, thereby making the Dartling Gunner now roughly equivalent to the base pre-BTD6 Dartling Gun.
This upgrade changes the circular emblem on the monkey's helmet to a downward triangular one, adds a fourth barrel to the gun, and paints the green stripes wrapping around the gun purple.
All of the above apply to any non-tier 5 Dartling with this upgrade.
Advanced Targeting customly aims based on direction and angle of where the Dartling points towards. It shoots straight movement projectiles controlled in a aim-based mobile style guided by touch-based mobility, albeit with some erratic angular deviation.
- Normal: Rotates towards the direction of where the player last tapped. On desktop versions, always rotates towards direction of the cursor inside the game.
- Locked: Locks the Dartling in place. By default, locks at center of map, but can be adjusted in the same way as a Mortar Monkey. On desktop versions, using a hotkey to switch to Locked will default to wherever the mouse currently is pointing.
Since all Dartlings already attack based on custom aim, Dartlings don't receive Camo Prioritization even with Advanced Targeting.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
Advanced Targeting is a straightforward upgrade, granting camo detection to the Dartling Gunner. It is a cheap camo detection upgrade, which essentially increases the total cost of the 0-1-0 Dartling Gunner to be $1100 on Medium. In effect, however, Paths 1 and 3 will become mutually exclusive. The good news is that Faster Barrel Spin is the next upgrade of the Advanced Targeting upgrade, which means Path 2 would be the favorable crosspath in most situations anyway.
- There is no need to buy this upgrade until higher camo rounds like Round 33. Other anti-camo options remain more useful overall, although this upgrade alone is one of the cheapest anti-camo upgrades by upgrade price alone.
- Dartling Gunner with Advanced Targeting comes with the benefit to target long distances but still be cost-effective anti-camo popping power. It usually remains superior over an IFR Heli Pilot for early-game camo popping, except on maps with Line of Sight. It competes with Path 2 Sniper Monkeys at exclusive camo popping, but a Dartling Gunner has the advantage of controllability that Snipers have limited skill for.
- The better crosspath depends on the needed benefits. 1-1-0 Dartling is cheap and can target its shots better, and a 2-1-0 Dartling can deal good bonus damage. On the other hand, 0-1-2 Dartling is better in the long-run, as it will counter the Dartling Gunner's major grouped bloon weaknesses.
- Because the Dartling Gunner no longer has in-built camo detection, the Advanced Targeting upgrade is the second camo detection upgrade below Tier 3 for a returning tower where the upgrade did not appear in BTD5, the other being Super Monkey's Ultravision.
- The base BTD4 Dartling Gunner costs $1250 on Medium, the exact same cost as a 0-1-0 Dartling Gunner in BTD6 on the same difficulty before the Version 24.0 base Dartling Gunner price buffs.
- The Dartling Gunner's gun gains a fourth barrel when upgrading to Advanced Targeting or its subsequent upgrades, except for M.A.D.
- However, this does not increase firing speed until Faster Barrel Spin (the next upgrade) is bought.