|“||Allows Dartling Gunner to hit Camo Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Advanced Targeting is the first upgrade of Path 2 for the Dartling Gunner in BTD6. It allows the Dartling Gunner to pop Camo Bloons, thereby making the Dartling Gunner now roughly equivalent to the base pre-BTD6 Dartling Gun.
It costs $210 on Easy, $250 on Medium, $270 on Hard, and $300 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Simple as it does, Advanced Targeting grants camo detection to the Dartling Gunner. It is a cheap camo detection upgrade, which essentially increases the total cost of the 0-1-0 Dartling Gunner to be $1250 on Medium. In effect, however, Paths 1 and 3 will become mutually exclusive. The good news is that Faster Barrel Spin is the next upgrade of the Advanced Targeting upgrade, which means in most cases the Path 2 would be the favorable crosspath in most situations anyway.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- There's no need to buy this upgrade until higher camo rounds like Round 33. Other anti-camo options remain more useful overall, although this upgrade alone is one of the cheapest anti-camo upgrades by upgrade price alone.
- Dartling Gunner with Advanced Targeting comes with the benefit to target long distances but still be cost-effective anti-camo popping power. It usually remains superior over an IFR Heli Pilot for early-game camo popping, except on maps with Line of Sight. It still competes over Path 2 Sniper Monkeys at exclusive camo popping, but a Dartling Gunner has the advantage of controllability that Snipers have limited skill for.
- The better crosspath depends on the needed benefits. 1-1-0 Dartling is cheap and can target its shots better, and a 2-1-0 Dartling can deal good bonus damage. On the other hand, 0-1-2 Dartling is better in the long-run, as it will counter the Dartling Gunner's major grouped bloon weaknesses.
- Advanced Targeting's next upgrade is Faster Barrel Spin, which is generally the main incentive to buying Advanced Targeting.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- 22.0 (Dartling Gunner update)
- Initial release
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Because the Dartling Gunner no longer has in-built camo detection, the Advanced Targeting upgrade is the second camo detection upgrade below Tier 3 for a returning tower where the upgrade did not appear in BTD5, the other being Super Monkey's Ultravision.
- The base BTD4 Dartling Gunner costs $1250 on Medium, the exact same cost as a 0-1-0 Dartling Gunner in BTD6 on the same difficulty.
- Although difficult to notice, the Dartling Gunner's gun gains a fourth barrel when upgrading to Advanced Targeting or its subsequent upgrades, except for M.A.D.