|“||Command all your water-based Monkeys to decisive victory. Requires water to place.||”|
|~ Admiral Brickell's description, Bloons TD 6|
Admiral Brickell is a hero released to Bloons TD 6, first released in Version 18.0. She is the first purely water-based hero in the game. She dispenses mines into nearby water as well as firing shots from her revolver. Her revolver pops one bloon at a time and initially deals around 2 damage per shot. Each mine is dispensed around nearby water every ~2.0s (?) and lasts for up to 2 rounds. Mines quickly home onto bloons once they are in close range of the bloons. She can be unlocked with a one-off purchase of 5000.
She costs $640 on Easy, $750 on Medium, $810 on Hard and $900 on Impoppable.
Admiral Brickell will start upgrading herself every round upon placement. She earns more XP each round to unlock her next upgrade irrespective of how many bloons she pops. Her upgrades can also be immediately bought with cash, though the amount of cash required to purchase the next upgrade will typically increase as the upgrades get higher, making self-upgrading an important element for her overall power.
Admiral Brickell requires 1.425x more experience to upgrade towards each level compared to Quincy, Gwendolin, Striker Jones, or Obyn Greenfoot, which is as fast as Ezili's leveling curve.
- Level 1 - Drops powerful sea mines that seek and destroy Bloons.
- Level 2 - Increased attack speed.
- Level 3 - Naval Tactics Ability: Greatly increases attack speed of nearby water-based Monkeys for a short time.
- Level 4 - More popping power for Sea Mines.
- Level 5 - Naval Tactics increases popping power and allows affected Monkeys to hit all Bloon types except Camo.
- Level 6 - Increases the damage of Sea Mines and Pistol attacks.
- Level 7 - Increased attack range and Camo Bloon detection.
- Level 8 - Naval Tactics allows affected monkeys to hit Camo Bloons.
- Level 9 - Sea Mines do extra damage.
- Level 10 - Mega Mine Ability: Deploys a huge Sea Mine capable of destroying big Bloons(5000 damage, 100 pierce).
- Level 11 - Faster deploy speed and deploy rate for Sea Mines.
- Level 12 - Pistol attack increased speed and damage, Sea Mines increased damage.
- Level 13 - Mega Mine cooldown reduced.
- Level 14 - Naval Tactics duration increased.
- Level 15 - Enhanced Sea Mines have a larger explosion, can damage Black Bloons and remove Camo property.
- Level 16 - Attack and Sea Mine deploy range increased slightly.
- Level 17 - Sea Mines do greatly increased damage.
- Level 18 - Mega Mine cooldown reduced even further.
- Level 19 - Naval Tactics affects all water-based towers everywhere.
- Level 20 - Mega Mine does massively increased damage(5000→15000).
Naval Tactics: Greatly increases attack speed of nearby water-based Monkeys for a short time. At later levels can allow water towers to pop all bloon types.
Mega Mine: Deploys a huge Sea Mine capable of destroying big Bloons. Lasts for 4 rounds. Does 5k damage at level 10, 15k damage at level 20. It does not pop extra layers like First Strike Capability
When Selected in the Heroes Menu:
- "Admiral on deck."
- "Admiral on deck." (In slightly different tone)
- "Full speed ahead!"
- "What's next?" (in 2 different tones)
- "At the helm." (in 2 different tones)
- "Careful, XO." (when annoyed)
- "Alright, that's the brig for you." (when annoyed further)
When Leveling Up:
- "Add another stripe." (in 3 different tones)
- "Excellent work!" (in 2 different tones)
- "Increase power!" (in 2 different tones)
- "I look good in dress whites." (Level 20)
When MOAB-Class Bloons Appear:
- MOAB Appears - "Target sighted!"
- BFB or DDT Appears - "Fire when ready!"
- ZOMG or BAD Appears - "Prepare the mines!"
When Using an Activated Ability:
- "Commence fire! <Naval Tactics sound effect>" - When activating Naval Tactics
- "<Mega Mine sound effect> Mega Mine deploy!" - When activating Mega Mine.
When a MOAB-Class Bloon is Destroyed:
- "I have not yet begun to fight."
- "Target destroyed."
When Bloons Leak:
- "Battlestations!" (in 2 different tones)
Admiral Brickell is a very powerful Hero who can greatly empower nearby water towers (Monkey Subs and Monkey Buccaneers in particular) and can stockpile mines similar to a Spike Factory with Long Life Spikes or higher. When paired with Sub Commander and 2-0-3 Triple Guns or 0-3-2 Ballistic Missile spam, this becomes a mighty force whenever her Level 3+ ability is activated. Pairing her with a nearby Energizer is also very important, because it makes her level much faster, further improving her abilities and her main attacks.
Her Level 3+ ability, Naval Tactics becomes especially powerful on higher levels, and such an activated ability at higher levels can even eliminate the need to add a Monkey Intelligence Bureau or even a Radar Scanner nearby the neighboring water towers. Level 14+ is especially powerful, as her buffs last far longer, which in turn has a significantly higher uptime overall.
Her Level 10+ ability, Mega Mine, is great for stopping hordes of MOAB-class bloons and break down larger blimps into more manageable chunks, although huge numbers Ceramics may spawn underneath if not careful. Because Mega Mines only target MOAB-class bloons, although they can damage non-MOAB-class bloons, it is most useful when the Mega Mine is manually placed where the explosions can optimize their maximum range and maximum pierce. Mega Mines are especially useful against breaking up BADs, especially at Level 20 when her Mega Mines deal 15,000 damage instead of 5000.
For Admiral Brickell's main attacks, although they are not nearly as powerful as her abilities, her mines serve as excellent stockpiles when a large number of bloons begin to reach a certain section. It should be noted though that mine stockpiles are terribly ineffective against leaking spaced bloons, since all stockpiled mines stacked near the same spot would just zoom towards the spaced bloons, effectively wasting the stockpiles' potential overall damage. Brickell's revolver attack, however, is not nearly as good, but serves as a decent source of damage against spaced bloons in the earlier game.
Added to the game.
Bugfix: Now uses correct, slower, XP curve. (XP requirements changed from 1x to 1.425x)
- Level 10 Mega Mine now properly has a lifespan
- Level 10 Mega Mine can now be supported by a Techbot
- Although the game refers to her gun as a "pistol", it is actually more like a revolver, as the gun has a revolver cylinder that pistols lack.
- The flags that she carries changes as she levels up:
- From level 3 to level 10 she holds a yellow and blue flag in her hand, which means alphabetically 'K' or "I wish to communicate with you".
- From level 10 to level 20 the flag moves to the mast on the back of her ship and becomes 2 triangular shaped flags, one yellow and one blue, there is a set on both sides.
- As of Version 18.0, Brickell's Level 3 ability, Naval Tactics, also affects Sun Temples and the True Sun God (including the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey). This is likely a bug and is unintended.
- Admiral Brickell is the fourth female hero to appear in the game, with the first three being Gwendolin, Ezili, and Adora.
- In Version 18.0, Admiral Brickell was used to beat a number of water-containing Expert Maps on CHIMPS, including (in order) Flooded Valley, #Ouch, Quad. So far, Muddy Puddles and Bloody Puddles on CHIMPS both have not been attempted yet, and it is impossible to use Admiral Brickell on Infernal CHIMPS.
- Prior to Version 18.1, Admiral Brickell required as much experience to upgrade towards each level compared to Quincy, Gwendolin, Striker Jones, or Obyn Greenfoot, meaning she could get Level 20 far before Round 100 on most maps. Rohan from Ninja Kiwi addressed that she was meant to level as fast as Ezili.
- Jajajosh used Admirall Brickell to beat 20x HP MOABs on Dark Castle. Link. He even used her to beat 200x HP MOABs on Dark Castle. Link. Even more surprisingly is that this was done after her XP leveling nerf in Version 18.1.