|“||Throws a potion at Monkeys, allowing them to pop Lead Bloons, do extra damage to Ceramic and MOAB-Class Bloons.||”|
Acidic Mixture Dip is the second upgrade of Path 1 for the Alchemist. It allows the Alchemist to throw separate potions every 10 seconds at towers that boost their popping power. These special potions sent at towers allow affected towers to pop Lead Bloons (but will not grant popping of Frozen Bloons) and deal +1 damage to Ceramic and MOAB-class bloons for the next 10 shots, and can be stacked up to have more Acidic Mixture Dip-buffed shots. Unlike Berserker Brew, the chosen target is selected randomly.
It costs $295 on Easy, $350 on Medium, $380 on Hard, and $420 Impoppable.
- Unlike Berserker Brew, this buff has no maximum per tower and does not expire by time. Thus, the number of buffed shots stored in a tower can be arbitrarily high.
- As long as there are no other towers in range of the Acidic Mixture Dip Alchemist, its acid potions can sustain towers of attack speed of less than one attack per second.
- This synergy is especially notable on Perma-Spike, which allows it to cheaply pops DDTs.
- Caltrops that are on the track will not wear out its Acidic Mixture Dip if the original tower's Acidic Mixture Dip wears out. In fact, Caltrops that were affected by Acidic Mixture Dip will retain its bonuses until consumed or destroyed.
- In a similar way, Permaspike can have essentially permanent lead-popping and DDT-popping power just by having an Acidic Mixture Dip Alchemist in range. This is the strongest use of this tower.
Acidic Mixture Dip no longer targets Obyn's Totems (as they don't attack, only slow).
Acidic Mixture Dip allows affected towers to damage DDTs.
Acidic Mixture Dip will now target Primary Expertise.
Dip affects the next 10 shots instead of 9.
Acidic Mixture Dip will no longer target temporary towers.
Acidic Mixture Dip targeting on towers will also affect the towers' temporary towers.
Acidic Mixture Dip will no longer target Benjamin. Berserker Brews, Stronger Stimulants, and Permanent Brews can still target Benjamin if Bloon Trojan is unlocked.
Counter Espionage can now remove camo from leads if given Acidic Mixture Dip or other lead-popping grant.
Acidic Mixture Dip will (correctly) allow Ice Monkeys to pop and freeze Lead Bloons.
Acidic Mixture Dip (unintentionally) no longer grants +1 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class. This bug was corrected in version 11.0.
Acidic Mixture Dip now (correctly) grants +1 damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class.
Alchemist buffs no longer affect sub-towers (i.e. Comanche Commander mini-Comanches, Aircraft Carrier planes, etc.)
- There was formerly a misconception that Acidic Mixture Dip would only apply up to 30 attacks. However, this is not true.